Will You Buy A New Outfit For Christmas?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by littlewitch66 • Dec 12, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    When I was younger I used to buy something special for Christmas Day but now I would rather save the money and wear something I already have in my wardrobe. Do you buy a special outfit either to go out or just to wear on the big day?

2. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure this year, already I have decent outfit I can wear for this Christmas even though I did intended them for this season before. I have many projects trying to complete this period and somehow on a scale of preference a new outfit for Christmas is not of priority yet. As adult I can understand but for children there has to be adjustment to create space for that. Hopefully next season I'll ensure a new outfit for the celebration.

3. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    My parents used to get me new outfits too when I was a kid. I have some new outfits I bought one month ago but not for Christmas. I don't buy things anymore with Christmas in mind. So yes, I will buy a new outfit but not for Christmas.

I realzed that when we put Christmas in mind, we tend to spend more on things we won't need after Christmas ends. It is better to save and buy whatever you want, need or like but not for Christmas only.

4. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Seriously, do adults still do that? I think it was during my teenage age that I did that last, or should I say my parents did such for me. Most times, I buy outfit when I feel like or when I see one that catches my fancy and not because it's Christmas season or any celebrations of sort.

I do believe children don't take it lightly when they are not bought new dresses for Christmas celebrations. I still get some for my siblings, but for myself I don't think so.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I will. I only get a new clothes during Christmas for I have a budget for that. And there are many good looking or smart clothes available. It is actually a tradition among our family to get new things during the Yuletide Seasons. We go with the trend of many people going out to shop and buy new things during Christmas.

6. Kookas

KookasNew Member

Threads:
    Sure , i will buy a new dress to celebrate the coming of 2018, Very excited

7. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think so. I still have a lot of stuff that I haven't worn yet. Buying new ones would just be a waste of money. I'd rather save it for the rainy days.

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was younger, it is imperative for me to buy new clothes for my Christmas wear when we go to the family gathering. But in the recent years, what I wear for Christmas is the gift that I received from my relatives in the previous year. Isn't it great to let them know that I am wearing what they gave me? This Christmas, I'm sure everyone in the family gathering is awaiting for my arrival to see what I would be wearing, whose gift is it. That saves me the trouble of buying new clothes and some others in the family are doing the same.

9. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    We do not celebrate Christmas, hence we don't buy new clothes for Christmas. We usually buy new clothes for Chinese New Year, as that's the big festival we celebrate. Now I seldom buy new clothes for myself for Chinese New Year too, I only buy new clothes for my kids nowadays as I don't need any new clothes.

10. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    My priorities have now shifted. I spend loads on that party for the under privileged and wear what is there in my wardrobe. This time I am having a party for oldies from an old age home and am busy planning for it.

11. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    You said it the way it should be. Trying to buy during this period can be expensive and that's the reason I don't shop for Christmas. I did it on my accord and when I felt I needed those products that I need.

12. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    It's nice that you're planning to spend on the less privileged during this period. This is going a long mile to put smiles on their faces and make them feel belonged to the world we live in.

13. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    I think I would get at least a pair of shoes and couple of clothes for myself and my siblings. I can just as easily forgo buying for myself but for my little ones, it's definitely a must that I get them new outfits for the Christmas season.

If I don't do so, there won't be peace in the house, so I rather spend money and have my peace than save money and be restless at home.

14. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    @Martinsx@Martinsx Yes my granddaughter likes to dress up for Christmas so she has a new dress. It wasn't bought especially for Christmas though, it was her birthday 6 weeks ago so she had it as a present then.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I won't be getting a new outfit this Christmas. I would like to save the money for my New Year's purchases. I'm still buying things for my New Year's celebration, so I'll keep the money for the outfit, a purse I saw that I really want but don't need and save for my New Year's celebration.

16. Mahi

MahiMember

Threads:
    Why not, If I get an opportunity to grab my outfit at discount then I would never miss it. But, I will prefer to get it from an online store.

17. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    How funny, I never planned on getting any new outfit this season's Christmas but I was just lured into doing so. Just not long ago at my work place, one of my colleagues came with Turkey wears and I have so much love for such quality dress. I had to buy one that cost about $30, that's so much for my not going to buy any dress this Christmas :D.

18. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Mmmh, discounts are good inducer to buy new dress when you never planned for such expenses. I really cannot blame anyone who takes advantage of any opportunity to get some good deals for products and save money as well from buying such.

19. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I am expecting to receive a lot of gifts so I am not going to buy one. I am already happy with the ones I already have. I can also reuse the ugly Christmas sweater I have last year. It still looks good since I don't wear it often.

20. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I have to buy a new outfit for Christmas because I need to attend the office party. This year, however, it's not going to be too fancy because it's supposed to be a pajama themed party. Otherwise, no. I usually buy clothes for myself during off season sales because they're a lot cheaper. I have enough clothes on my closet and many of them have not been worn that frequently so they're still great for those Christmas selfies and groufies with the family during our get-together.