Will you ever travel alone?

Discussion in Travel started by 003 • Apr 25, 2014.

1. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to travel alone and go on a backpacking trip by myself. However, I now have a son and I would hate to leave him at home so I'll probably not push through with my plan until he's old enough to do his thing. I don't mind taking him along though, when he's old enough to travel and enjoy other places. Right now, travelling is not in my budget and I don't want to use my credit card to fund my travel no matter how attractive the deals are.

2. derf

derfNew Member

Threads:
    I would say yes as it will allow you to grow as a human being and a person. Not only that you can explore who you are as a person and allowing yourself to change. Lastly you can see much more of the world and where you are travelling if you travel alone than if you are with others.

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I could ever travel alone, especially abroad, since I fear I might get lost, so having a companion acts as a "security blanket" for me. When it comes to short trips, then I think I can manage to travel alone when I'm already familiar with the place.

4. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I travel alone at times and it always gave me a wonderful feeling and insight as I will have some time to spend for myself, thinking peacefully and also make life plans and more. It gives me a good feel and helps me to collect my thoughts. :)

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I travel with my wife because I enjoy traveling with her. It’s lonely to travel alone. I had experienced that in 2011 when our office sent me to Singapore for a 1 week conference. I stayed alone in the hotel. When the conference is over, I go to a restaurant to eat and stay in the hotel to send messages to my wife. It’s so different when I travel with someone because I am a conversationalist and it’s really boring when there is no one I can talk to.

6. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I am not married. And I don't have many friends. So travelling alone seems to be the only way to see the world. I can tell you that being alone is not that bad. Because your travel costs are reduced and you also have nothing to worry about behind. And this means you have all the world to explore and learn from. That is something I wish to do in my lifetime. I am only stuck with the money as of now otherwise I am free.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would say that 80 times out of 100 I have traveled alone and never felt lonely. Incidentally I am a sales professional so I have to go to different places in connection to my job related requirements. In fact, I am in marketing profession because I always wanted to travel the world and that too without spending money from my own pocket. I am doing that for a long time and never felt bored or lonely.

8. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    I never travel alone, because I believe that I would get bored a lot. Traveling with someone is lots of fun and you can always do something interesting since there are lots of ideas from two or more minds. But traveling solo also has its perks I think. You could meet a lot of new people and you don't have to compromise with anyone what you should do or see next. So I guess it's okay too.

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    So far I have been traveling alone in many of my journeys and there has been occaional feel of loneliness. It's more pleasurable if someone is there or I traveled in group . I felt disappointed one time when a colleague I was supposed to travel with for an exposition declined after a long preparation.

10. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    I've traveled somewhere alone a few times, but I meet with people there. I hope to someday try it though, I don't mind traveling alone. In fact, some things you're better off alone for. Recently I went to an event where I had gone with a few people before and those times we either had to leave early or miss a lot because everyone wanted to do something different. So this year I went alone, and it was the best time. I think we shouldn't be afraid to go by ourselves, you'll meet people along the way and you can still have fun.

11. Paran Kapur

Paran KapurNew Member

Threads:
    You know the best way to travel? Alone. A journey which is accomplished when you travel alone gives you an experience of your lifetime. I always prefer travelling alone be it to a nearby destination or far away from the civilization. It gives me a sense of freedom and the fact that I am alone, gives me a feeling of adventure.

It makes you more experienced in decision making and in choosing what is right and what is wrong for you. My best journey's have been treks to The Himalayas.

12. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Due to the jobs I signed up for, I had to travel alone but I did not mind. In fact, I've never been on an overseas trip without being alone. To me, it seems like the normal way. However, though, you always meet up with interesting strangers so things aren't so bad. Nonetheless, you have to be careful, much like a child who shouldn't' talk to strangers.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm wondering. Do groups tend to get cheaper discounts?

13. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have travelled to many countries but always on package tours. I can never think of doing it alone. Anything can go wrong and one would be left helpless in a foreign country.

14. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I would gladly travel alone if it is to somewhere that I know the destination well, and in fact might prefer this. If it is travel as most of us think of it though, this is probably not a great idea at all.

15. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, I do travel alone but only when I travel with business, or is regarded my job. If I go on a vacation even if it is for one day or more I always take my family with me. It is true that traveling alone is cheaper and traveling with family is really expensive, but traveling with family create wonderful moments for all of us, bounding and memories is what matters from a good vacation!

16. Liezeliezel

LiezeliezelNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer traveling with friends because whenever I travel with my friends I can save a lot of money by sharing foods and travel expenses and at the same time we can create new memories and amazing experiences. I only travel alone for some reasons like if I feel the need to be alone or need to be away with everyone and to clear my mind.

17. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    Traveling alone is the most intriguing experience that comes along with its bliss. I real like it because while alone l don't have anybody to bother me with anything. This gives me all the time to explore and learn much. It's is always my desire to visit new places alone.

18. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think I would feel safe travelling alone. I'm not a lonely kind of person and don't mind my own company but people disappear and are never heard of again when visiting foreign countries so that would make me very cautious. I would consider travelling alone in my own country although I think I would prefer to have company.

19. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I enjoy to travel especially when am traveling alone. It gives me a sense of independent. Moreover, whenever am traveling, I don't forget my Ipod and my books. They are my best companions when am traveling.

20. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I've travelled alone most of the times and the experiences aren't bad at all but I also love to travel with loved ones too. It gives you a feeling of company. Either ways I love my travels.