Will you use real money on PC games?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by chiofthenorns • Oct 12, 2014.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    No I don't think I would. I've played online games before with a lot of in game purchases and never in my life have I spend a dime on a game not unless I would actually purchase the game or for DLC's.

2. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never bothered to use real money on pc games as I think it is not worth it. I prefer to spend money on some other software or application that are more useful. I never had a craze for pc games.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Firstly I work online, so I don't even have money for the things that I need. Much less online gaming. I also don't like the monetary online gaming system. It is very underhand and manipulative, in order to swindle money out of you. Some of the levels are damn near impossible, and it is done on purpose in order to get you to use up all of your lives so you have to pay. Other games make you use precious components of a game during the tutorial, and then it is only after when you really start playing the game that you realize how precious that component was, and that you are supposed to spend them wisely. Then the games that make you wait hours or even days to play again, unless you pay. Not my kind of thing, and i will never spend money on such a thing.

4. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I do not really play that much PC games but when I do I try to be very careful when it comes to buying things that are in the game because if you are not careful you could end up spending lots and lots of money and somehow I just get the feeling like your credit cards and such are more at risk when you buy things in these games.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You are basically spending money on items that don't actually exist, and it is not just a one time payment thing - like when you purchase a game from the store and then take it home and play it. These online games think that they are smart in that to continue playing the game, you must keep spending money. Some of these games don't really have a story either. They are never ending, so you literally will be spending money for as long as you continue to play the game, which could be a very long time depending on your endurance for repetition.

6. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't, buy my two nephews and my two step-sons so. It is actually easy to buy them presents for their birthdays and at Christmas, I just give them money to deposit into whatever game they need extras for. :)

7. zaskolu2014

zaskolu2014New Member

Threads:
    I don't buy a lot of games, i buy only the ones that i really enjoy playing multiplayer on them. And when I go to buy them I wait until they are on huge discounts. I really don't feel comfortable spending 40-50 $ on a game- to me it's money wasting.