Window Shopping?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by kingusama92 • May 10, 2012.

1. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Are you a big window shopper? Just walking around in malls or other similar places and just looking at things without really making purchases.

A lot of people do it, does anyone on here enjoy it?

I am not a big window shopper, I prefer only going shopping when I know I can end up making a purchase. There are places where window shopping is fun (atrociously expensive stores), but those moments are rare.

2. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    Yes and no. Sometimes it's alright to gaze at things and put them on your wish list, but other times, I'm like I want I have to have it and it really hurts my wallet. I like to shop though, window or real.

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    This is something I do when I need to walk around. Usually I only go to a mall when I need something because all those people frustrate me at times with their slow walking and texting while walking. When I need a good walk and would rather keep my mind off of other things I do go window shopping just to refresh the brain and stretch the legs. Not a habit but something I turn to for excercise I guess

4. Stephanie

StephanieMember

Threads:
    I really hate it, but I bet a lot of savvy shoppers do it. The best way to save money is check out those clearance sections, compare prices, and get creative ideas.

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    No window shopping for me, thank you. In fact, I avoid looking through the windows of stores. I only go to them when I need something. I also only go when I can actively purchase what I need...otherwise I get really bored...and tired. Not a good combination.

6. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Actually windows shopping doesn't work for me. It will only work for a few minutes then after that. I will definitely purchase something. I can't help myself to not buy something that I like when I know I need it and when I have money to purchase it. I may go to the department store and say that I will only go window shopping but that always doesn't work for me. :D

7. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely ever window shop because it's a good chance that I will buy something. If I don't have any money I won't go to the mall. I don't understand how people can do that and not feel awkward. It's like going to a bar watching everyone drink, but you don't have enough money to buy a beer. Why would you do that, you're just torturing yourself. :D

8. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I don't think I am a big window shopper when sometimes I do window shop especially when I'm canvassing for some items and trying to find which stores sell it for less. I think it's good to do as it could save me time as well when I finally shop for them.

9. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I used to window shop a lot more when I was younger. I used my "window shopping" trip as an excuse to get something to eat. I'd go to cheap stores like Big Lots, buy a few small items, browse the big items that I wished to buy one day, grab something to eat from a takeout, and come home. That was during my teen/college years though. Now, as an adult, I "have" to go shopping for food, clothes and other necessities so it isn't as fun anymore. I can't remember the last time that I went to the mall just to look around, grab a hot pretzel and an Orange Julius. The last time I went to the mall, two years ago, it was because I needed to buy a outfit.

10. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Oh no way man. I used to go to the mall all the time when I was younger...just to cruise for dates. But
    it literally sucks going to the mall when you are flat broke. How many times can you walk by something you
    want? I just look at what I want online. At least if I put it on my virtual wishlist I can get it even if it goes out of stock.

11. christina_5179

christina_5179New Member

Threads:
    My husband is a big window shopper whereas I am not. I hate to window shop without purchasing. My husband can walk around and do it all day. If I stare too long, I'll buy it. I try to avoid the temptation especially because I'm a compulsive shopper.

12. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I have a friend who loves to window shop. I joined her once or twice but it is far too frustrating for me!! When I go to the mall I have to buy something. Whether I go home with one parcel or with many, I am happy! If I am a little short of money I would rather stay at home than go window shopping.

13. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I do not enjoy window shopping. If I am not shopping to buy something, I would rather not go. I just don't get any enjoyment out of doing it. Then again, I am not a big fan of the mall anyway. If I am not going for a specific reason, I don't go.

14. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do! All the time really. I just end up browsing the mall several times over. I find the strength to resist buying most things because I find the prices a bit too high and compare it to the value of food with "Do I really want these 50 dollar shoes? I could get so much food with that money. I don't even need these shoes. Next store!"

15. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    Back in high school, I was a big window shopping fan. But I outgrew it because I realized that there are too many people doing it and that resulted to the mall here in our place overcrowded during weekends. Plus, window shopping hurts my feelings because I can't afford anything I like. :confused:

16. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Everything in the window is mostly expensive goods and not really in my budget.:D I like to look for bargains and sometimes I even haggle with the person behind the counter. Sometimes it works too and I get deals more often than not. Not many people will though because they find it embarrassing. LOL!!

17. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Not really. I do walk around some stores if I may be interested in something, but not because I'm bored or because I truly enjoy doing it.

18. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a big window shopper. I life within walking distance of a big mall so it's no big deal to go to the mall. It's also a major transfer point for public transportation. So, I'm there a lot. Plus the mall has free wifi.

19. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I can't say I'm a huge fan of window shopping if only because I'd find it depressing if I found something I really wanted but couldn't afford.

20. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I'm find with window shopping but only when I am looking for something. And the reason being is because I don't want to be bothered with the clerks in the store saying may I help you, when I don't have the money to buy at the moment. So at the time I am ok with the window shopping, because when I come back I am in the market to buy and won't have to window shop.