Window Shopping?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by kingusama92 • May 10, 2012.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do window shop, but it's because I intend to buy that certain item, and I'm looking around to see if there's a better deal or brand of the same item, then when I go home I will weigh which is the better option before heading again to the store to buy it. If I don't really intend to buy something then I won't window shop, I just don't really enjoy it, maybe because it can be tiring to walk all day long, lol.

2. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I used to, but don't anymore because I've found other things to occupy myself with. I don't like going to the mall in the first place, so I'll only go if I have things I need to buy that I don't want to buy online. It revolves around time really, and the fact that I want to avoid spending more than I have to.

3. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I am a window shopper. I like to look first and know whose got the best deal before I purchase. I always try to grab a bargain.

4. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I do go window shopping sometimes. But then it's sometimes annoying if I see something that I really want and then can't buy it. So I usually just go out if I really need to buy stuffs.

5. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    I like window shopping but only when I have money and can buy something if I want to. It's never a main event like "I'm broke. I should go to the mall." No. I'll do it when I'm out with the purpose of making a purchase or grabbing something to eat or have an appt near a plaza of stores and feel like killing time. I've become a lot more conservative with my spending recently especially with clothes and shoes because I believe I have too much of both. I have to be extremely moved to buy an article of clothing and the style as well as the price is taken into consideration. So a lot of times even with money to spend I walk into many stores and leave with nothing. It does give me some sort of 'retail therapy' to browse and just see what's out there.

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't say I'm a big window shopper because most of the shops near me do not sell the brands I like so I don't pay much attention to the window displays. I prefer to go to a shop that stocks the brands I like and try on the clothes.

7. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am a window shopper when I don't have money on me (haha). I try to shop wisely so therefore many things in windows don't always catch my attention but rather they just bring up thoughts such as "oh thats cute" but I never love it to the point where I want to buy it right off the display.
    I think it is all about self control because some people tend to just want everything they see!

8. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I do window shopping when I need something and do not want to be bothered with a clerk following behind me. Window shopping is fun at that time and I do love to window shop when they have new items in to see what I can get new for myself.

9. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    I don't window shop often, but I do it from time to time. Like you, I usually like to shop when I know I'm going to make a purchase. I never go shopping for the sole reason of window shopping.

10. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I do not like to window shop sometimes because I almost always find something that I want to buy. I like to go to places knowing that I have the cash to spend.

11. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    The best time of the year that I like to window shop is during the Christmas season when everyone is out and about buying presents for there children and family. It seems as though everyone is at there best and happy. I love to stroll down the streets and look at all the lights and decorations.

12. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    ^Yeah, Christmas time is the best time to window shop. That's usually when all the best items are displayed.

13. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I don't make a special trip to a mall to window shop. I will however admit that if I happen to be at a mall for a particular reason I will look at the displays in store windows. I find this to be normal behavior when your passing by a store you can't help but look at the window to see what type of items they sell. I do admit that I will go to some online stores to look at items even if I have no intention of buying at this time. I guess that could be considered a form of window shopping in itself.

14. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I guess in many ways I would have to agree with this. Sometimes the things in the window might be the best things that the store might offer so if I really need or NEED to have it then I might purchase it. Other times I just like to walk by the windows because the clothing or accessories are out of my price range so I walk by with a sigh.
    I am definitely a half and half on this question as well!

15. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    I like also window shopping.You are true that it is so tiring to walk store to store.So I get a solution of it, and I tried online shopping while sitting at home and believe me, it is best experience for shopping.

16. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes, I do it. The good thing about it is that you don't buy impulsively. You get to see other options. But, I am not so into window shopping without any intention of buying something. I think it's just a waste of time.

17. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    I find window shopping to be extremely frustrating for me. It's like some sort of terrible tease. I am a big shopper. I make a purchase almost every time I visit a mall. It's not something I'm proud of, but that's just how it is. Lol. I get so annoyed when I walk in a store knowing I can't or don't have the money to shop. I mean I look at all these things and just think, "I want that, that, and that". So when I do actually have a chance to go shopping, I binge. Window shopping is just not for me. Lol.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too. I live within walking distance of a mall so I buy my daughter lunch and we window shop. I use my camera phone to take pictures of items I like. Sometimes I can find the exact items cheaper online at eBay, Rakuten or Amazon.
    If the item I like happens to be a seasonal item, like Walmart's back to college summer dorm furniture, it's worth checking back at the end of summer because the college dorm futons and brightly colored sheets for teens go on clearance when school starts.

19. delco

delcoMember

Threads:
    I think window shopping actually helps me not spend money. I'll see something I immediately want, and if I walk around a bit and start looking at other stuff, I'll think about it enough and start to realize that no, actually I don't need that first item.

I know that's not the intention of window shopping, but to me it's an added benefit. Just go around and browse some other things, maybe that first thing that caught your eye isn't what you'd actually like.

20. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I have to say I grew up in a very small town and we didn't have many things to do, so that was a way to get out and do something. Its very odd, but true. When my mother got bored she would ask me if I wanted to go to Walmart or to Family Dollar. I would say yes, we would go and just look around. With the stores you know much doesn't change, but its the thought of getting out. I still do that now. If I get bored I will go to certain stores just to walk around and see what is out. If I see something I want, I will just make a mental note and when I have the money go back and get it and if I do have the money I will go ahead and make the purchase.