Windows 10 Upgrade

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Theo • Jun 22, 2016.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For those who don't know, if you have Windows 7 or 8 can upgrade to Windows 10 for free by July 29th, however I tried to do this for a friend and there are some issues.

I couldn't complete the upgrade as it came up the CPU was not compatible, I later looked it up on troubleshooting and quite a lot of people have that problem. Apparently if that is the only obstacle you can bypass it (if the CPU is fairly new), and apparently is a bug.

2. haivu721vn

haivu721vnMember

Threads:
    How did you know that your CPU is incompatible!?!?
    If you CPU can run Windows 7/8, it must run Windows 10.
    Maybe something is wrong within the update.

Actually I have tried to update and now my Laptop alwasy use nearly 4gb of ram. Thats suck!!

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Who doesn’t want a free upgrade of software, much more if it is the operating system? But I have to admit that like you, my computer is also obsolete. My 7-year old desktop is running on Windows XP. I had upgraded it to Windows 7 before but some old programs did not run pretty well particularly those music-making software. That’s the reason why I reverted to Windows XP. With the Windows 10, I’m sure my computer will not be compatible since its processor is only 32-bits and the required is 64-bits.

4. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 and I found many issues with the upgrade. There is an unresolved WiFi issue which hasn't been fixed yet. Some of the programs still aren't compatible. The UI is better and looks good but there are compatibility issues with many programs. I am running Windows 8.1 on my laptop now and it is certainly the better option. The booting time of Windows 10 is less compared to Windows 8.1 but I prefer using Windows 8.1 as most of the programs I use often work better on it.

The upgrade is now no longer free and we have to pay for it. Please let me know if the performance of Windows 10 has improved and also share your experiences using Windows 10.

5. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I am still using Windows 7. Couple of years ago, I upgraded to Windows 8, however, in few weeks my computer crashed and I was back to Windows 7. Couple of months ago, I upgraded to windows 10 and my computer crashed again. The technician to did a troubleshooting said my computer does not support the latest version of Windows because it it very old computer.

6. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I'm using an old Acer laptop which came originally with Windows XP and right now I'm using it with Windows 10. It's a 10 year old laptop and I was a bit surprised when I found out that it can be upgraded with Windows 10. I upgraded it's RAM though since I know that Windows 10 is a RAM hungry OS. It runs smoothly on my laptop although there are a few hiccups every now and then but it's tolerable and I can work with it while waiting to get a new one :)

7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    When it comes to these upgrades I think that you can really look at it pretty simply if you looking at the costs, and I would bet that most times you are better off just sticking with what you have. Especially considering just wait one more year and there might be another one.