Windows 7 or Windows 8

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Gelsemium • May 21, 2014.

1. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I'm sticking to Windows 7. I've seen 8 and it's not as user friendly to what I've become accustom to. Windows seven gets updated and will remain relevant for a while to come.

2. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Windows 7 over 8 but I use Windows 8 on my machine and I like it a lot except for the horrible UI in the tiles and the atrocious Start Button. But Windows 8 is faster than Windwos 7 that's why I liked it, the boot time if much faster and the overall response time of the OS is faster. If you get past the UI of Windows 8 (I recommend you install third party software like Start8) you'll find that it's better than Windows 7.

3. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Windows 7 over 8 simply because Windows 8 has a very atrocious UI. I hate it, especially that tiles feature I mean don't they realize that they're making an OS for a desktop computer not a tablet? It's like what were they thinking?

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a 7 guy. I hate Windows 8. IT's just that it's really not meant for Desktops, I think Microsoft thought that every desktop on Earth has touch screen displays now that's why they made Windows 8. The IU sucks and the tile thing is just plain awful. But the performance is vastly improved though.

5. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just the other day I was reading a magazine that was saying, Windows XP, the operative system that didn't die, lol. And I think this says pretty much all about XP, it's that good that even without support people continue to use it. I've used Vista, 7 and 8 and I still like XP better, no reason for me to change.

6. Serenity Fay

Serenity FayMember

Threads:
    I upgraded straight from XP to windows 7 (was smart enough to skip out on vista) and windows 7 is perfect so far. I've used it for 2 years without a single problem except for those updates that make you restart your PC, which seem to appear was too often. Still, I'm building a new gaming rig and I think I'm going for windows 8. I feel that I might as well go for a more modern operating system since I have to buy one anyway. Won't be upgrading my existing systems though, as 7 is serving me just fine.

7. Gelsemium

Threads:
    From what I've heard Serenity, Windows 8 is lighter and faster than 7, so when I upgrade my XP it will be directly to Windows 8. I've been told that the exact same computer I bought 8 years ago and still runs XP has enough specs to run Windows 8.1, what is surprising, good, but surprising.

8. CityGirlLuv

CityGirlLuvNew Member

Threads:
    This computer came with Windows 7 which I love so much. I just recently installed Linux Mint alongside it so now I can choose which OS to run.

9. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I'd love to install Linux as well and to learn about it, but I feel that might be really time consuming, not to mention that my computer doesn't support two operative systems. I feel that Linux has quite a few advantages considering that everything is free, but we need to be almost programmers to deal with it.

10. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1Member

Threads:
    M
    My wife just got a Dell touch screen with windows 8, and it's much more stable then windows 7. I would have problems all the time in 7. I would have to recommend 8 without a doubt.

11. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Actually I am still on XP haha, I've just upgraded it from 1GB RAM to 3GB and it looks like a race car now, so I am really not feeling the need to upgrade the OS, I am fine the way it is.

12. RapidRaven

RapidRavenMember

Threads:
    I'm currently sticking with Windows 7 until Windows 10 comes out. Then, after about a year passes from Windows 10 release, I'll upgrade. I don't want to upgrade to Windows 8.1 now, as it be replaced soon with 10.

My Windows 7 system is still holding up very well - relatively fast and can run most applications without any problems. Plus, I foresee developers will try supporting Windows 7 for quite a while, the same way they did for XP. So, there's not much need for me to change, other than for new graphic cards or to attain new features.

13. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Windows 7 or Windows 8? I would actually still be running Windows XP, if it wasn't for the fact that Microsoft stopped providing updates for the OS. It was just too sluggish to work with, which was why we got Windows 7. I have had a few experiences with Windows 8, and it is annoying to use. I prefer 7, but then I would have said that about Windows 7 in relation to XP.