Windows or Android

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by srinivas0812 • Apr 12, 2013.

1. srinivas0812

srinivas0812Member

Threads:
    Hello Shoppers,

Glad I received some amazing feedback from you guys for my previous thread. Hoping to snatch another advice from you. ;)
    I am thinking of buying a new phone. What will be the best choice for me? Windows or Android? Please do add some key features of your favorite OS.

2. Bigdaddy

BigdaddyNew Member

Threads:
    I'm biased so i'll say andriod..for the simple reason it now probably has more apps..tried and tested also..andriod has never frozen on me unlike apple..never had a windows phone :cool:

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I will say android mostly because of how great the community is and how many free apps there is to android OS. Also, android phones tend to be cheaper.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, my vote also goes to Android too. They're cheaper and you can download lots of free applications. I noticed that Windows phones aren't that popular anymore.

5. henry

henryNew Member

Threads:
    i will go for android..it is free to use and specially its app are free...:)

6. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with the above posts as well. Windows is very lackluster. Android is the very open OS, because of that you have a number of apps that are not available on other OS. I prefer Android based on the number of features the OS provides. For example, all Google applications are easily synced to a Android device, this includes G mail, G talk, YouTube, G Calendar, Contacts, and G maps. Android also allows all social media applications to be accessed from your phone.

7. srinivas0812

srinivas0812Member

Threads:
    Wow! 5/5 for Android. Thanks for your opinions fellows. Thinking of getting Sony Xperia Z. Loved all the features and I might want you guys to take a look at the product's features here at Sony's website.

8. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    Obviously android! The vast free applications, the user based, the fast development, who would else would want any other.

And not to forget, the wide array of tweaking it!

9. avadarling

avadarlingMember

Threads:
    I have to say I like both. I am having a hard time choosing between the two because I grew up with windows and within the last year I have also become very firmiliar with android, I have both systems on my phone and then windows on my laptop.

10. riku517

riku517New Member

Threads:
    I would have to say Android. Their devices are usually more reliable (eg better battery life, etc). They also have a ton of apps. And, if you're into this kind of stuff, Android devices are easily customizable through rooting.

11. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd go for Android too. I think it has more mobile apps than the windows marketplace. I haven't tried to operate a Windows phone though so I'm a bit biased toward Android. I think it has everything you are looking for when it comes to your mobile needs. Android is fast and has a smooth user-friendly interface. Stick with Android for now.

12. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I have never used Android, but from what I've heard it's pretty good, and reliable too. I've always grown up using Windows, so it's easy to stick to what you've always known. However I think Windows has many problems including security issues, and so maybe Android is better.

13. haunderv

haundervNew Member

Threads:
    I go for android since i have 2 phones xperia and s3. the functionality between this two i can say that the android is more user friendly and easy to hang with
    i'm not saying that windows are hard to understand or to manage but android for me got the upper hand. Also the android have so many free useful application
    compared to windows so my suggestion go for android :D

14. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    How do you get two OS's on your phone? I didnt think it was possible to do that

15. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    I definitely think that android is the best operating system. I have never enjoyed a phone as much as i did when i finally got an android OS. Its quite versatile and really user friendly. I have managed to basically get all the apps i use on my pc on my phone. Its basically as good as a computer. I feel very much in control of the world through my phone. Android rocks

16. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I was an Android fan who has recently been converted into a Windows fan. I fell in love with the OS when I got my hands on an HTC Radar in December and have no plans to look at moving when I upgrade later this year.

17. Teddysean

TeddyseanNew Member

Threads:
    I'm going to have to say Android. Having previously owned an android phone, I know from experience the advantages the OS has, including the ability to add widgets and tweaks, and to try out apps in full before you buy them. The interface is very user friendly, and some of them even come with a built in keyboard. Android all the way!

18. Albern

AlbernBanned

Threads:
    In phone always with Android and in computer I like Android because there are thousands of applications available on google play store and many of them are free and you can see today android is beating all other OS.. and most of member on this thread also with android.

19. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I was just at the Verizon store the other day and was playing around with the different phones in there, including the newest Windows phones. The Windows ones reminded me a lot of my old Zune from several years ago, but I really didn't see anything on them that impressed me. They just seemed to have a lot of animations and visual effects but little functionality beneath the surface when compared to Android. Plus I like how seamlessly Android is integrated with Google services. I don't use Bing services for anything, so I don't really want a phone that is tied to them. Although the build quality on Windows phones is getting better, it's still trailing behind some of the top of the line Android phones on the market.

20. CyrusTantor

CyrusTantorBanned

Threads:
    I'll go for android, more apps available