Windows or OSx?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by pahagwl • Mar 4, 2014.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest I have never had a Mac computer so I can't judge. For as long I have been using a computer it has had a windows running program. So, everytime I now replace it I tend to go back to a windows running program. Not because I prefer it but because I know it, its familair to me so I tend to go back to what I know in a running system.

2. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1Member

Threads:
    I use Mac OS X 10.10.1, Mainly because of Logic Pro, and Garageband which are booth Mac only. My wife has one of those Dell touch screen PCs, and it's really nice, and windows 8 runs pretty good, and it was much cheaper than my MacBook Pro, so as a long time fan of Mac, It really comes down to your needs. I not going to say Mac is better than PC, or PC is better than Mac.

3. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Windows. I have never even thought about MacOS as an actual possibility. I don't care for the hardware, I don't care for the system, and I don't care for the lack of software support either.

4. ScipioPro

ScipioProMember

Threads:
    Windows, MacOS is just, oh god. I honestly can't deal with it and I have no idea how some people can even prefer that. I've tried Linux before and it was ok, but it just wasn't my cup of tea so to speak. Windows is just generally better software and it isn't completely reliant on Apple's whims. With Windows 10 right around the corner, I can see a massive wave of people going to windows once again.

5. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Both OS's have their up's and down's. Anyone who's saying that one is better than the other is either biased or a fan boy because in truth both OS's has some very distinct features and disadvantages that it evens out both choices.

6. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    Are people still debating about this? I think the answer is clear here. If the other OS is better than the competition, I think only one would survive. If Windows is better than OSX and that OSX sucks so bad the I think it wouldn't exist anymore and vice versa.

7. Obvcynicae

ObvcynicaeNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer Windows over OSX by far, and many of my points have already been mentioned. The compatibility for Windows, as an operating system, is currently matched by no other. There are quite a lot of small programs that were made for windows on the internet, and no such things (or things that are as effective) are available on other OSes, especially for OSX. Also, I've used both (and for lengthy periods of time), and I find OSX files quite a bit more restrictive when navigating them. Additionally, I do both digital art (mostly as a hobby) and some gaming, and to me, Windows is the better OS for both. There are some art programs that don't run as well, and some that don't run at all, on OSX, especially with pressure sensitivity (and one of the ones that doesn't run at all is my favourite to use). Macbooks also generally have weak graphics cards, which I learned after trying to play games that were somewhat more graphics-intensive. :(