Windows XP end of support

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Peninha • Mar 28, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    OK, that was before my time, I don't even recall that operating system because computers bought with my own money and managed by me started only about eight years ago with XP. Even so, I'm still with XP 14 days later lol and I hope to continue until it works OK like it's doing now.

2. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    That is because it is old.

Which is exactly why Microsoft is ending support for it. I would imagine that it was hard for them to keep developing newer programs, and updates to work with the out dated system, and they said forget it. It is simply not worth effort that they had to put in, to keep the system current.

Ilike windows XP too, but i am extremely surprised at the backlash that Microsoft is receiving for this.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The thing is still many people use XP because it's a reliable OS and people like me can't afford new machines, so we were good with what we had and now we have no support. Sure, Microsoft moved on, but that means extra expenses for many.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well what do you expect, at some point you need to upgrade your OS. 12 years using Windows XP is very worth your money already, so it's up to you if you still want to continue using it despite Windows ending it's support for it, or upgrade your OS. I actually would want to own a copy of XP since most games run in there, also in Vista. In Windows 7 I noticed that most games that I have won't run in this OS.

5. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    It's still a (somewhat) reliable OS. Just make sure you install Glary's Utilities. It's a suite of software designed to optimize even the slowest of machines. Completely free, and if you use it right, your computer has a chance of running as good as new.

The sad thing is, most businesses still use XP, despite having computers perfectly suited for Windows 7 or 8. Apparently some firms prefer you have it, so that they can still use their legacy software and not have to be bothered with learning anything new.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Never heard of Glary's Utilities, but I will install it on my computer. I'm still using XP of my one of my laptops. It can't take the Windows 8 upgrade so I happily stick with XP.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of those either and I always suspect those utilities that claim to make our computer faster because I think they will eventually make it slower. So I will prefer to install Windows 8 one of these days, so far it's still operational and I will not change it just because.