Windows XP, Vista, Me,7,8, which is or was your favorite and why?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by dorothymoreno • Nov 6, 2012.

1. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I used to love windows xp and when windows visita came along, I wasn't too excited about it, because I loved my windows xp. But, eventually I had to replace my computer and it had windows visita, it was ok I guess, I got used to it after awhile, but it had a lot crashes. Well this year I upgraded to windows 7 and at first I didn't really see to much difference but after having it for awhile I have gotten used to it and it is pretty good. As for the windows 8, don't like it, I was given a chance to pre view and I think it is alot like vista, don't really like the layout of it.

My favorite windows I have to say was windows xp, and windows 7 comes into second place. If they would have an updated windows xp , I think I would go back to it.

Which is your favorite and why?
    ANy recommendations on which you think is better?

2. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Windows XP was my favorite. I never got round to installing Windows Vista. Then I used Windows 7, for a very short while, before I discovered Windows 8. Now I use Windows 8. It's just right for my old laptop because it's light on resources.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would also have to say that Windows XP is the best. I currently use Vista, and the updates are full of bugs that I had to turn off automatic updating. As for Windows 7, it's not a gamer friendly OS, most of my games failed to run in Windows 7, while in Vista and XP my games were all installed successfully.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I haven't tried Windows 8 yet, but I would like to, and it looks very nice. I personally like Windows 7 above all, it feels like they finally got it right with that version after all the years of messing up, namely - Windows Vista which I hate so much. I just hope they are able to continue the success with Windows 8, because if it's another Vista experience, I'm changing to a Mac.

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Windows XP was very stable. Windows 7 is stable too, but looks better. If I go by the looks, then I'd say 7, but judging performance, my choice is XP.

6. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I currently use Windows 7 and I like the fact that I could do split screens. However, Windows XP is my favorite, I haven't tried Windows 8 as yet, but I'm hoping to have a great experience using it.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I currently use Windows XP. I love it. I really don't want to upgrade to Windows 7 on my laptop, but I will have to when Microsoft stops supporting Windows XP. I have seen Windows 8 on tablets. I have to say that I really liked it. I was surprised by its speed.

8. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    I still prefer XP to Windows 7, though from what I've seen of Windows 8, it's not too bad. I will probably upgrade any Win7 boxes, and keep the old workhorses running XP the same. If I buy anything with Windows 8 on it, it'll probably be a Surface with a keyboard cover.... they look very cool.

9. EmoPopsicle

EmoPopsicleNew Member

Threads:
    Windows 8 is gorgeous, simply gorgeous. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 the day it came out, and I have been in love with the new Metro UI. It's sleek, it's fast, it's simple, and best of all, it isn't loaded down with utterly useless programs. However, Windows 8 still has some compatibility issues with some programs, so if you were to upgrade, I would wait until it settles down and then upgrade.

10. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have two computers, one has XP and the other has 7. XP has been my favorite for many years but as I am starting to use 7 more, I am beginning to really like it. I have not tried 8 yet but not in a big hurry to try it either. I am happy with what I have got for now.

11. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I'm stuck with Windows XP Service Pack 3. I however hear that Microsoft won't be providing any updates for XP any more and that means I'll have to upgrade to Windows 7 since Vista didn't even enjoy the light of the day (one of the most stable OS but which didn't have time enough to addict anyone).

12. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, amazing that there are a lot of us here that really like the Windows XP! I wish they would of just kept Windows XP and maybe just upgraded it instead of getting all of these others. As I said above Windows 7 is my second choice but only because I had to get a new computer that I have started using it, don't get me wrong it's ok and all, but if they would upgrade Windows XP i would go back! I'm glad to see a lot of Windows XP lovers here!!!

13. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    XP will always be my favorite and what I still have on my desktop computer. The look, the layout, the simplicity, they're all perfect to me. I definitely like 7 more than Vista, it's what I have on my laptop and while I could change it to XP, I don't bother.

14. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My current favorite is Windows 7. Its because allows great customization but is also very user-friendly. It offers lots of upgrades over windows xp and vista and also has great backward compatibility. But I haven't tried windows 8 yet so I'll come back here after I've tried it.