Winter Clothes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by difrancprod • Apr 19, 2013.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    How do you guys prepare for the winter when it comes to clothing? Do you shop in advance? I was told winter clothes are cheaper during the summer.

2. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    I used to be able to get clothing during the off seasons, but for the past few years I'm finding it more difficult to do.
    I browsed a local department store over the weekend, and save a few clearance items, stores are mostly stocked with summer items. You would be hard pressed to find a winter jacket in this season. Last year the coats went on sale about mid August, but the prices really didnt appear to be any bargain.

3. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I also like to buy my winter clothes all year round,
    I noticed that during the spring time the stores have huge sales on winter clothing because they are just trying to get rid of this inventory so they sell it on a sale price which I am always a fan of.
    I usually stock up this way! It saved me a lot of money in the past.

4. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Winter clothes are cheaper during the end of season sales. If I was going to buy for the winter, this is the time of year I would buy something new. But I don't buy unless there is something that I need, other words I wear what I already have and add something like a new skirt, blouse or scarf to my wardrobe.

5. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    Yes, It's true that winter cloths are cheaper in summer but you will get older fashion cloths.So I suggest you to choose some online shopping store to get latest fashionable winter clothes.

6. mifinfo

mifinfoActive Member

Threads:
    I think when winter walks away slowly, we should prepare winter clothes for next winter. Usually, clothes in season are quite expensive.

7. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    Surely, winter clothes are rather cheap during summer. But that does not mean savings at all. In winter, you have to be in winter clothes from head to toe to cope up with the cold. YOu literally have to cover yourself from head to toe. I experienced winter in Korea and despite I shopped winter clothes ahead of time, it did not mean I was able to save a few bucks. I had to have that head gear, ear flops, scarf, jackets, gloves, leggings, socks, and winter shoes. How many pieces were there again? Let's count LOL. So, I bought all that, and despite they were on sale, when summed up, it still was a bit pricey. If to be compared to summer clothes, I only need to have a few pieces and I am good.

8. nick_ro

nick_roNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, during the summer you will definitely find cheaper clothes in various stores, but I like to shop when the time is right. I think during summers you don't have too much time to think of winter clothes. :)

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always forget winter exists when it's finally over, so I miss out on the sales lol. It lasts most of the year here! I like to block it out. I have a LOT of coats and boots, so I'm always prepared. I only tend to add to my collection if something gets ruined or too outdated for me. Boots on the other hand, I'm always buying those in the winter.. lots of them lol.

10. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Indeed, to buy season specific clothes, i always buy it off season because it ends up being a lot cheaper. Remember that the prices are dictated by the need of the product, so apply that to all your purchases.

11. avadarling

avadarlingMember

Threads:
    I buy clothes, some I can wear in the winter and some I can wear only in the summer. I dont go shopping specifically for winter or summer clothes I just sort of mix match them.

12. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think winter clothes are generally cheaper during the Spring and Summer but there are good deals to be had in the winter sale and the problem with waiting until the summer is that you might not find what you want.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in a tropical country, so there's no winter over here. But I have a couple of winter clothes like turtlenecks given to me by my relatives in the US, and I don't know what to do with them, lol. So they're just gathering space in my closet right now.

14. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Haha, you should sell them on online. I generally prefer winter clothing to summer clothing, there are more options during winter. Summer clothing is basically just shirts, shorts, T-shirts and chinos for me.

15. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    Usually for the winter I try to stock up on clothing that has long sleeves. Not only do I like to wear long sleeves, but I also like to purchase clothing such as hoodies. I love purchasing great looking hoodies, that go good with what you have on. It is only maybe two seasons where you can wear hoodies. I have always liked the way hoodies looked on me, that is my favorite part of winter.

16. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually I think winter clothes are cheaper during the middle/end of winter because spring is coming near and the shops want to get rid of their winter stock. Most of the times is when I buy my winter clothes and meanwhile I use the ones from the year before, I can assure you I do save some money because everything is on sales. :)

17. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely shop in advance, boots are so much cheaper during the end of the season and long after (the clearance section has wonders up for grabs). As for clothing, I usually purchase a sweater or 2 and a couple of leggings (they always seem to rip) because my body has a stable figure going so I'm not really in need for new clothes. Boxing day is also a good time to shop for winter clothing, pretty cheap.

18. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I always shop in advance , from the last winter where they start to put the winter clothing on sale while preparing for the summer. I shop on the official clearance days with spring first hit. I also do the same to the summer.

19. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I love winter apparel. There is nothing better than winter apparel to me. I mean who doesn't like to wear long sleeve shirts, especially polo button downs. In my opinion Winter is the best season for clothes. I don't really like shorts, so you can see my reasoning and why I don't mind not having to wear them.