Wireless changes in Canada

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by kad613 • Jun 9, 2013.

1. kad613

kad613New Member

Threads:
    There are new codes for Wireless companies in Canada. It's about time that they changed the way Wireless companies charge for data and roaming in Canada. They now have a cap on data and roaming charges when outside of Canada. That means no nasty surprises when you're back from vacation and you discover your child has been texting friends back home. They have also made it so you can cancel a three year contract in two without penalty. You don't have a lot of choice in your wireless provider in Canada and they all charge ridiculously high prices. It does apply until December this year and with two teenagers with iPhones it is a welcome change.

2. polybus

polybusNew Member

Threads:
    These are a good start. I agree that the wireless market in Canada is too expensive and customers have too little choice. I am glad that there are going to be changes and I hope for more changes in the future. I lived in the States for a while and even though I found their wireless plans just as expensive as ours, they had a lot more choice with contracts and they didn't have the same ridiculously high penalties for going over on minutes or data. I hope these changes bring us closer to that.