With All The Snow...

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Mattenheimer • Feb 1, 2015.

1. Mattenheimer

MattenheimerNew Member

Threads:
    With all the snow certain parts of the country have been getting I thought it might be helpful to put this little tip out there. It might be found useful by anyone who lives in one of these areas where winter is raging hard! Once we shovel our sidewalks I know many of us use sand and salt to cover the paths and create traction so you don't slip! You should always check with your town to see if they offer it for free, many towns and city's will offer a free sand and salt mixture to their residents if you pick it up in your own buckets! This can save you quite a few dollars over the course of the winter if you life in a snowy area! I got some Totes from Walmart for around $4.50, and have a few full from my local DPW in my shed. It is worth looking into, you never know.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We just had 26 inches of snow dumped on us, the surrounding area has been closed down for 3 days now. The street has not been plowed so that a regular vehicle can get out, if you are driving a truck or SUV no problem. The idea of being able to get some salt or sand from the city would be good. We found it hard to find enough salt in the stores when the Blizzard of 2016 was all over the news.