Withdrawing Money Abroad

Discussion in Travel started by DreekLass • Apr 13, 2015.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thank you for your words of encouragement :) The person that I was supposed to be going to meet over there isn't too happy. I won't let her come to me either, so she's resentful about that. I am not sure if our friendship is going to last until I can afford to fly over, but if it doesn't it doesn't lol. I will find someone place else to fly to, with my other friend, Craig :) I will do my best to make you green with envy :p

2. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    Sorry that it seems your trip isn't happening. Travelling takes so much money and planning!

For the record, I'm pretty sure your UK visa debit card will work because I've done the reverse a few years ago when I visited the UK with American and Canadian debit cards. I've noticed that my cards that have the VISA sign or interac(Canada) sign work on all major ATMS everywhere! I've done this in a quite a few countries.

Good luck!

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thank you for your input, honey :) The trip will not be happening as fast as I had initially intended. But it will be happening in some capacity lol. I'm not someone who deals well with stress, and I suppose that it is a control issue that I need to know what to expect before taking leaps in life. Traveling is no different, because a LOT could go wrong with traveling if the proper measures have not been taken.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aww I'm sure it'll be alright. Surely she wouldn't let your friendship go on the back of this? I hope so, anyway. If she does, well...! I hope you'll be able to go soon :) -and yes, I'll be very envious LOL

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My husband and I can be called jet-setters because we travel abroad at least twice a year. What I usually do was to exchange our local currency in the bank for US dollars and when I travel to another country, that's where I would exchange the US dollar for their local currency.

Now I have discovered a more convenient way. I just withdraw cash from my credit card
    any amount that I need. So from our currency, the conversion is direct to the local currency of that country. That's easier for me.