Wood, Vinyl, or Steel Siding; Which Is Better?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by deecee • May 6, 2012.

1. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    I live in an old house with wood siding. I've been thinking that in a few years, I may want to get siding. Is vinyl or steel better? What is your experience?

2. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    When we had our house renovated had everything on treated wood sidings, flooring and some of the walls inside the house.

Not sure on which would be better but these are the things I considered when we picked out wood. We live in a tropical country,using steel would amplify heat on summer months thou the heat isn't that great but small amounts do help. Wood was more elegant looking can be matched with a lot of designs. Was considering vinyl but for some reason we had issues in terms on the durability of the material, vinyl can be easily broken compared to wood or at least the vinyl form where I am.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    You could look into Fiber Cement(Hardie Plank) and this siding is known for its low maintenance when compared to wood. This siding is made from a mix of wood pulp,cement,clay and sand. This siding is also easy to paint and it comes in a lot of textures that look like wood,also it does not expand and contract due to humidity and temperature as well.