Working Out In The Morning Or Evening?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by isabbbela • Oct 16, 2015.

1. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too prefer to work out early in the evening, but find that after having spent the day working, I'm too shattered to do anything but veg in the evening. Plus it gets extremely hot where I live, so that by evening it's all sticky and horrible. I so wish I had a gym in my housing estate, because I could have a quick workout first thing in the morning. As hard as it is, I actually find that it gives me a nice burst of energy and wakes me up if I work out in the morning. The only trouble is that I can never drum up the enthusiasm to cut my sleep short LOL.

2. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    Ideally, morning work outs are better for me because it gets me going and have me all pro-active the entire day which is beneficial in work and other related activities. My problem is that I am too lazy to get up from bed, it's like gravity is stronger in the early mornings and I don't want to leave my bed. Sometimes I also jog during the evening when I have free time but I get pumped up and have an adrenaline rush that I can't sleep through the night.

3. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Always in the morning for me. I just can't bring myself to workout after working or day, or even worse, if I had the day off and was just being lazy the entire day. I do have to get up earlier than I normally would, but I've found it helps me get my day started on a positive note and I've had more energy throughout the workday because of the morning workout. Afternoon or evening workouts feel more "forced" for me and I'm not nearly as focused or into it.

4. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    I am also working women and I don't I have much time in the morning for workout and I always workout in the evening 1 hour and I feel good :)

5. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I find I am more energized if I work out in the morning. Although I hate waking up so early on days I do cardio or weight training before work I don't have that 2pm slump. I also find that I am so tired after getting home from work that even if I tell myself I want to work out it never ends up happening.

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like to do more of the multiple small workouts during the day-and some examples would be to ride a bike into town and do some shopping and then after that a bit of a work-out in the park for awhile, with some running and abs work as well. I like to mix it up a lot during the day because its seems like a quick way to boredom, and you might give up completely if you do not have any fun with it?

7. Malibeast

MalibeastMember

Threads:
    Both have their perks. For those to whom working out is a chore, getting it over and done with in the morning might be a good idea. Whereas for those of us who aren't morning people, working out at dusk or later, just before dinner time, is a great way to end the day. I also find that my sleeps tend to be more peaceful after I've exercised in the evening.

So it's evening workouts for me.

8. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer working out in the morning. Immediately I wake up early in the morning I just brush my teeth and take off. I do just run to the gym and there carry out my routine exercises like squat, crunches, lunge, press up, and stretches.

Thirty minutes work out in the gym is my limit, after which I do a little weight lifting in order to sum up my body building.