Worst Customer Service Experience?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by TheViper • Jan 17, 2015.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Just yesterday I have to say I experienced one of the worst customer service experiences from our trusty friends at Cox cable. We were trying to establish cable at our new residence and thought it would be easy since the last occupants had cox. I talked to the lady on the phone and the only thing that can be said is that she treated me like I was literally nothing. She even hung the phone on me and when I called back to speak to her manager. She just so happened to pick up again and hung the phone up on me again. I guess this just reaffirms my thought of going with online services for my "television" needs.

What kind of experiences did you have?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's just appalling! I've worked in contact centres giving customer care, and in all my jobs hanging up on a customer was always a big NO-NO. Unless that customer was being abusive and wouldn't listen to reason, if you warned them you'd hang up if they didn't tone it down, and they still carried on abusing you. In my last job especially, if the customer called back and complained, management reviewed the call and found you were at fault and/or didn't follow the correct procedure, you could face disciplinary action and ultimately shown the door!

I've been through many a situation where I've experienced terrible customer service. One of them being as it happens, at the only satellite TV provider in this country (yep a monopoly). We'd just moved here from the UK and were querying the fact that we had to pay extra to be able to pause, fast forward, record etc. We were naturally very taken aback and pointed out that it was ludicrous as the decoder had those functions anyway, and such a practice amounted to daylight robbery, even trying to make it into a joke. The lady assisting us took objection to that and got very defensive and passive aggressive towards us. She felt that it was perfectly alright and in fact, we should feel very honoured to have the priviledge of that extra fee allowing us to watch programmes as and when we like. I don't think she was all that well travelled or broad minded poor lamb, and our whole argument was lost on her. Add to that, she had zero sense of humour.

What irked me even more was when she turned to my husband and said to him, sorry sir but I'm sure your wife and I understand each other!!! I read that to mean that my husband was too thick to get it and/or because me and her are Black (as opposed to my husband being White), we had some sort of understanding. Needless to say, we sent a very long complaint, which is something I always try to avoid in case someone loses their job because of my complaint.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's ridiculous! I have never dealt with Cox. There are only 2 providers here, and neither is ideal. I'm getting ready to cut the cord with the 2nd, since I'm not at all happy with the service, treatment, or customer service. I would definitely report that person. One way to get the point across is on social media, via Twitter and/or Facebook.

4. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    My parents tried and tried without success to have satellite installed in their home, the company sounded wonderful on the phone promising the earth but when it came to installing the dish the whole thing turned in to a nightmare.

The installer came out and went away again without making any attempt to fit the dish saying he didn't have enough cable. My parents had told the company that theirs was a four storey house and the company insisted this was no problem, they promised to send out another installer and look in to why the first one walked away. The second one came and said the phone socket was in the wrong place and went away, then a third came out and said it was too windy, a fourth came out and said it was a two man job and drove off.

When my parents called to complain again the company were rude and disinterested and said the building was too high although they had agreed to the installation in the first place. They have the monopoly on satellite TV in the UK, i would never consider using their ''service'' under any circumstances.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Thats rude and extremely unprofessional. You should get in touch with a manager somehow. They probably keep recordings of all customer service related phone calls. I'm sure that employee would be terminated if what you said transpired happened.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've found customer service over the phone to be in decline as I am sure they outsource it to homeworkers or remote call centers and are not a part of the actual company, hence different phone numbers. Many are not trained and don't care, but social media is the only way to out them, then they delete Facebook posts, but they can't on Twitter. Also write bad reviews, it doesn't always help, but will hep someone else and hopefully the company will get their act together.

7. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    I'd say that was absolutely outrageous and you don't have to bear with it. You're paying money to avail their services and they've an obligation to treat their customers respectfully. Listen to your problem, act on the complaint and provide a solution or at least direct you to their back office and escalate the problem to their managers for immediate resolution.

The above is the normal procedure. However, if someone is infringing on your rights, you can approach the following website if you are in US and seek redressal of your problem.

Go ahead and login your problem, don't let them trouble anyone else.

8. Darakath

DarakathMember

Threads:
    Yes, I do not know why businesses like these are still allowed to exist. Why can't they just give us some respect? We are giving them money and paying for a service, they should also be nice. Companies like these look like they hire angry 14 year-olds and are extremely unprofessional.

9. VictorSalza

VictorSalzaMember

Threads:
    Greyhound bus was by far the worst experience I ever had. I got some bus tickets by mistake online and they wouldn’t refund them. I still can’t believe how terrible they were. I’ll never do business with them again.

10. HunkyDoire

HunkyDoireMember

Threads:
    I would say that I have never had exceptional customer service from Cox, but never has it been totally horrible either. Really, in most cases, when I was still a customer, I ended up having to request to speak to a supervisor to verify information and even then when I would get my bill, there would be discrepancies. Thankfully, I have RoKu now, and it has changed my life for the BETTER!
    My WORST customer service experience would have to be from Tmobile, about 3 years back. I am not sure how they are now, but at that time, it was obvious that they had outsourced to another country, and it was obvious that these reps...well, did NOT care about American customers. Or any customers at all, really. Agents would refuse to spell their names for me and or give me their agent ID number...they were rude, they disconnected calls time and time again, and gave me false information on multiple occasions. On one call, I would be told that I was approved for a new billing cycle and service, and changes would go into effect within 24 hours. When I would call back to verify later on, there was "no record" of the previous interaction having ever taken place, they would argue with me, the bill was never what they said it would be, I would get multiple charges that I never agreed to, it was just an endless list of crap and finally I had had enough. When I call PayPal it is pretty bad too, but nothing tops Tmobile. Has anyone had better experiences with them recently?

11. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I vividly remember when I went to purchase a battery for my mobile phone. I bought a cheaper version for the Samsung model only to find that there was no discernible improvement compared to the older battery. I was flatly told that you buy such batteries at your own risk since they have no guarantees and are not returnable.

12. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I've had some pretty ropy customer service in my time but the one that stands out is a faulty washing machine I bought and I had an extended warranty for it. It broke down quite quickly but I could not get it fixed under the warranty because they said it came under 'normal wear and tear' after just 2 months! I complained and they wrote me a very rude letter .. I wonder how some people manage to keep trading with their hideous attitude towards the customer.

13. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    The videogame company EA is known for having an awful customer service. Their call center agents are freaking rude when I am making complaints about game bugs.

Then There is United Airlines, I have a very awful experience from that Airlines but I will keep that to my self because I know I am not the only one they treated badly.

14. kylewalkerup

kylewalkerupNew Member

Threads:
    Yes Cox is the worst.