Worst laptop brand

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Jan 3, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We all have our favorites when it comes to electronic devices. I for one prefer Asus and Lenovo laptops over the rest of the pack. I think that they're pretty affordable yet very reliable at the same time. But what about the laptop brand that you hate the most? What do you think is the worst brand of laptop?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an ASUS and I am so super pleased with it. I think it's great quality for an affordable price. I also agree with you on Lenovo, they are great as well, although a bit more expensive.
    I know HP is usually said to be one of the best brands, but I personally never had any luck with them. The first one I had was crap, and the second I returned within 2 weeks because it felt so fragile and cheap. Dell also disappointed me a bit last time I got one. I actually returned it for the ASUS I currently have, because it was having a bunch of issues with wireless connection, it kept disconnecting for no reason and I found out online this particular kind was having this problem. So from now on I would prefer to keep getting ASUS.

3. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I'm going with HP but that's just me. I usually prefer Toshiba since the first three laptops I owned were that brand and they all were worth the money. I decided for a change and went with an HP laptop and I have to say that it was a disappointment. Like isabbbea mentioned above, it felt really cheap and fragile. It kept on overheating on me even though I wasn't doing anything with it. After a few months I ditched it and went out and bought another Toshiba laptop.

4. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure where there is all this support for ASUS, they are the worst in my opinion. So many hardware errors, although admittedly very cheap, so I suppose you get what you pay for. HP/COMPAQ are both very good and it would be hard to select an absolute best out of the two. ASUS remains my worst though.

5. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't get the whole support of certain brands honestly, I don't care if I've never heard of it before if its a good product I'll more than happily buy it over another. No matter the brand/manufacturer everyone is open to making mistakes, I think you'll find within every brand/manufacturer there are amazing models which have received amazing feedback and complete blunders.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a big fan of Lenovo (formerly IBM) laptops. I own two ThinkPads. I'm not a big fan of HP laptops. I have never had good luck with them.

7. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How will you know if its a good product if you haven't heard of it before? Yes, I do agree that a brand does not make a product good. But also, there would be certain companies (brands) that are able to make better products than the others and there would be some who make worse products than the rest. Anyway, if I may ask, what brand of laptop are you using now? Do you like it or do you have a lot of woes?

8. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't never used any computers made by ASUS, therefore, I am not going to compare it with other brands. I am happy with both Dell and Apple because I have used both computers and am satisfied on both. Dell is less expensive in terms of brand and quality, which this is one reason I prefer buying Dell. Apple, on the other hand, has very good products and my Macbook laptop has lasted for 10 year and still runs like anew now. HP, on the other hand, I would say it's the least (I wouldn't say worst because I only used an HP laptop for a few months) brand I would consider buying because most laptops are heavy and prone to attract higher heat than other laptops. HP laptops don't break easily, but I think it just won't last as long as Dell, Apple, or Sony.

9. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Never ever get Acer laptops. Actually never buy any computer equipments from Acer, their stuff always have stability issues and doesn't last long. My last Acer laptop didn't even last four years, the lcd screen had the halo thing at the edges and the fan broke. I have switched to Dell and after five years, everything still works.

10. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Dell are a big disappointment in my eyes. They have pretty good products but their service to the customer is some of the worst I have experienced (along with Adobe). They are clueless, rude and misleading with their answers and getting help is almost helpless sometimes.

11. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I got this other laptop from a chinese company called VIA. I got the laptop second hand for about a hundred dollars and i thought that it was a bargain as i just needed something to type documents with and so it had to be real nice and simple. It lasted two months and the computer crashed and was beyond repair. This was kind of a messy experience for me and i was rather disappointed with the experience.

12. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I have an Acer laptop and I love it! I have had a dell and hp products before and really like them. I haven't had anything by Toshiba or a few of the other ones so I can't speak on those.

13. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I agree, I love Asus as well. I am typing this post from a Asus as well. They are very durable computers and they have a long lasting lifetime. I have had this computer for about 3 years and it is still like new. However to answer your question, the worst computer to me is the Compaq brand. I hated having a Compaq computer because they break easy and are not durable at all. That is the brand of computer I had before and it did not last long at all.

14. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't like Dell. They are targeted at businesses but even then, they tend to only be chosen because of the price.

I have owned Dell, HP, Acer, ... and I think I would prefer HP. I would get rid of all the bloatware first of course but after that, the build quality is very good. I don't have complaints about Acer either but I know a lot of people who have had problems with their Acer laptop/computer.

15. jriley

jrileyNew Member

Threads:
    Second on the ACER, not great at all.

16. freebie-franco

freebie-francoNew Member

Threads:
    I'm definitely a macbook guy. However, as far as PC goes, I would definitely have to say my least favorite is the Sony Vaio. It was always super slow, and constantly lagging.