Worst Movie Theater Food?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Nick2011 • Mar 22, 2013.

1. Kevin128672

Kevin128672Member

Threads:
    I agree. It is much too expensive to buy foods from the cinemas. Even the drinks are like $5! It's just insane. Well, I guess people do end up buying them, so there isn't any incentive for them to lower the prices. So to answer your question, I honestly think that everything they sell is disgusting, and if I do end up getting anything, it'll be prepackaged candy.

2. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    I don't think I've ever had "bad" movie theater food before. Mostly because I'm one of those terrible people who buys the boxed candy at a store before going to the movies. I've brought in soda, too before. And, yes, even a little bit of booze here and there.

3. Shiditios

ShiditiosNew Member

Threads:
    I never usually eat food at cinemas because it's just way too expensive. Like 10 bucks for popcorn? No thanks. I also aways end up eating most of the food in the start of the movie anyways so I just don't get food usually. Although I do sneak in candy from the dollar store a lot of the time.

4. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    If the food was cheap, the movie theatres would not see much profit, if any. They rely on selling food and drinks to support their business. It's not cheap to run a movie theatre. but I prefer watching new movies online at home, while eating my own home cooked food. It's much cheaper and much healthier. Although I do like to go out to watch a movie now and then.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe next time you could rinse them off at home, pull them off the vine and put them in a plastic container in your bag. I would be too grossed out to wash off any food in a public bathroom.

6. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, I'm also guilty of bringing in my own candy from a Winco type of place where it's insanely cheap for a large quantity of candy. Just makes more sense that way when you spend more at the cinema for a fraction of what you actually get in the candy. Most of the time though, I will splurge for the popcorn. To me, that's just a fun part of the movie experience and something I don't normally get anywhere else or at my house.

As far as the worst movie theater food goes, I'd probably say the large pickles they sell don't look very good to eat. And they're expensive as well!