Worst Service Experienced - Shades Blinds

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ghostwheel • Jun 12, 2014.

1. ghostwheel

ghostwheelMember

Threads:
    Been helping some family members with their rental property and ordered up some new PVC window Blinds to be fitted from a regional wide company called Shades Blinds in Scotland.

The fitter was supposed to come round to the empty property at around 3pm but to call me an hour before first to notify us so we can get there early and open the door for him.

Turned out we came into the property early because we've been told that the old blinds needs to be removed first; that's not a problem - we came in and got that sorted at 1.30pm.

At 4pm, we called the head office to see what was taking so long with the fitter and we got a direct mobile number. After several voice calls (all rings out) and no responses to my text messages, I called back to the head office to see the problem is. A different lady from the office said that she cant reach him as the mobile "must be out of range" (untrue, it rings but he doesn't answer) - she said that she'll try all day and that fitters work till 8pm (thus indicating how long we should wait)

8pm came and he never turned up and nobody called us.

The next day I called head office and complained about all this and were told to wait another few days for a different fitter. Apparently their logs say the fitter came at 3.10pm on that day which was clearly a lie or the fitter went to the wrong place (and told nobody) as we were waiting since around 1.30pm. There's the fact that its a flat and there's no nearby parking space which requires that they call us to get inside the underground carpark in the first place (which was one reason why they were clearly instructed to call us beforehand)

So we had another appointment scheduled; and a different fitter came round promptly in time but he had the wrong sizes for one of the rooms. We've been told to met the fitter again to finally get this all sorted out.

What annoys me in particular is that the first fitter ignored my phone calls and wasted my time waiting for him in an empty property for most of a day - the least he or head office could have done was to call me back to say that something happened and they couldn't make it on that day.