Worst Store Experience?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by wvboarder • Aug 21, 2014.

1. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    I live in WV in the US and we have some absolutely atrocious stores here. Customer service is mostly non existent in most. My worst experience was in a Dollar General shopping for a birthday party. There was literally a broken bottle or weird colored liquid in every aisle, yet no employee was doing anything about it. Kind of crazy. What has been your WORST in store experience?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I went to a Family Dollar that had a foulmouthed ,sassy cashier who acted like a female version of Lamar from Grand Theft Auto V. Even though she was really rude, she was so funny that I couldn't stop laughing.
    If I didn't have a sense of humor, I would have been horrified. But I kind of enjoyed it because it was like living through a Chappelle's Show sketch.

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Although the .99 store has a cult following in L.A., there are some that are simply atrocious. I can deal with everyday brands written in Chinese or Spanish - even minor factory damage to packaging. But these sold expired food items, perishables weren't refrigerated and there was too much to name. I'd rather clip coupons or buy in bulk to avoid shopping at the 99er.

4. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    My worse experience was at Ikea. I hate their layout. Why would anyone want to be forced down a single path? There's nothing clever about it and it's just really obtrusive design. I don't remember seeing any windows and it smelled really bad too. No one else seemed to have a problem with it though. :confused:

5. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Shopping in a 3rd world country market as a foreigner is beyond a shadow of a doubt the worst shopping experience I have had. Although that being said, my mother came to visit and thought it was more fun than a circus. IF we are speaking Western World living then I would say, 'Black Friday' shopping. One would really have to know what they are going in for because you will be bombarded with people and have hardly any customer service at the bigger dept stores. I don't know if you meant which stores in particular but those are my two generic pics. I had some really nice experiences at a Family Dollar recently in upnorth Michigan with customer service. I found them surprisingly helpful. I wish employers would be choosey in who they hire but I suppose they are limited in who they have to pick from.

6. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say my worst experience was at this bakery inside of Town and Country. My sister's and I were eating donuts and we were laughing and being silly, we weren't even that loud. But this woman came from behind the counter and started screaming at us because we apparently were being rude, and too obnoxious, and annoying. We looked at her took our donuts and left. Who does that?

7. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    Oh wow yikes those are some terrible experiences. Some of those were even worse than mine. I agree about Ikea they have a strange layout that makes almost no sense to the normal brain. I avoid that store mainly because I remember the news story about their meatballs containing horse. I was pretty horrified about that. I think we had some for Fourth of July lol

8. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I got stuck in a drive thru lane at Burger King (once you pull in, there's walls and shrubs on each side of you, so you cannot pull out) and this asshole lady in front of me with a van full of kids spent like 20 minutes placing her order, while the drive thru line got bigger and bigger. Then you could tell she was asking the cashier a gazillion questions when she got to the window and kept making her go get all sorts of extra stuff, napkins, ketchups, straws...etc. As if that wasn't bad enough, once they finally finished handing her all her bags of food, she still sat there - apparently unwrapping EVERY sandwich one at a time checking to see if they were exactly how she special ordered them. OF COURSE, some of them weren't right so she started waving to get the cashiers attention again and we all had to wait even longer for them to get her the replacement sandwiches. People started laying on their horns and yelling out their windows because we were all stuck there for nearly 40 minutes. She ruined everyone's lunch break, and she knew damn well there were a bunch of people behind her too. They should have had a manager come out and tell her to pull over or something, I don't know why they let her get away with that.

When Topps grocery stores were around in my neighborhood, they were notorious for having the slowest possible checkout lines. It was as if the employees were purposefully trying to keep the lines moving as slow as possible for some reason. They had absolutely zero sense of urgency when their lanes would be backed up with like 10-15 people in them. Several times I was in there, and finally had enough of their shit, and just left my entire buggy full of food at the checkout line and walked out of the store. Needless to say they all went out of business.

There were two incidents in particular that really grossed me out...

One time I pulled into the Taco Bell drive thru to place an order, and when I got to the window and saw the cashier I nearly threw up. Both sides of her mouth and face were covered with cold sores and lesions - starting from the corners of her mouth and spreading all the way up both sides of her cheeks. Honest to god it looked like she had every possible STD happening all at once on her face. I cannot believe they would let her come into work like that, let alone handle people's food. As soon as I saw that I just rolled my window back up and drove off.

Another time I went to this Chinese takeout joint up the street to pick up an order I had placed over the phone. When I got there, this creepy guy was working there, presumably by himself so he probably cooked my order too. Anyhow, he had this big mole on his face with these really long hairs sticking out of it - I'm talking like 5-6 inches long, and he was stroking them with one hand while he was ringing my order in with his other hand. It was like he purposefully let them grow out like that for some strange reason. I didn't even want the food by the time I got home, I had lost my appetite.

9. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    My worst experience at a store was when my husband and I went into Fred's and we was checking out, my husband was singing to his self and the cashier literally not my husband to shut up or she would not check us out. I think that was so rude so I left my item on the counter and left. Cashier's now days tend to take it out on their customers when they are having a bad day or having personal problems.

10. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    There was this store which said it had 50% discount on all clothes. I think it was during the festival season and all the people were busy shopping. Hence, even I purchased quite a lot of items thinking that I would get a discount on all the clothes I have selected. However, upon billing I realized that only one item had a discount of 45% and for the rest of the items I had to pay the full price. I think it is quite absurd as they should have clearly mentioned on which objects the discounts are available, which they never bothered to do. It left me with a huge a hole in my pocket.