Worst thing as a customer

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by chrislyons88 • Apr 1, 2013.

1. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, there have been plenty of times where I had to deal with outrageous customers. I left my last job because of this, they can be so difficult, and I have to stand there and be embarrassed and yelled at. I mean i am a person too, this is just my job, don't think you can just disrespect me and get away with it. Some people think just because you work at a certain place, that you have to take their crap. Not me!

2. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:

I know what you mean, there are some customers that think that everybody has to stop whatever they are doing and tend to them only as if nobody else mattered. It really is annoying, when they do this. The way I look at it, every customer deserves to be treated the same. But there are some customers that just cause they have money the world has to revolve around them, WRONG!! Wait your turn or go somewhere else, all business from customers are appreciated but that doesn't mean you have to put up rude, self centered, customers who think that everybody owes them something.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I'm really sorry to hear that. I know some customers can be total a******s because they think they can act the way they want because they have the money for it, but being a racist bigot and thinking someone would be in a country illegally because of the way they look/speak... that's just too much.

4. MellowGuy

MellowGuyMember

Threads:
    Just to flip the script a tiny bit, I've been in the service industry until most of my early 20s and I myself have experienced a variety of negativity from racism to exaggerated levels of "entitlement" mindset by customers. As a service provider I wanted to be awesome at my job and it was always weird to me how negative customers can be because I never found myself having a bully mindset. In fact as a customer, there are times I felt I was the one being taken advantage of (As I'm sure a lot of us have tried to purchase a vehicle from a dealership etc).

Eventually, I came to an understanding that most of this stuff depends on your own self image and mindset. I know I'm going all headcase talk but I just wanted to say whether you're a customer or a service provider etc.., it doesn't matter. When I have strong insecurities and are too reactive to my environment, I always experienced negativity. When I got out of my head and didn't depend on any outcome, I usually experienced an awesome interaction. Good luck!

5. annagoryun

annagoryunMember

Threads:
    I find its a lot easier to not focus on the things that customers do wrong, but on the return you get from them. Use the art of persuasion, take responsibility and let them vent time to time. If you come off as friendly, accommodating and understanding, the more the business will grow because there is a higher chance that a cx will come back simply because of the people, or the actual service.