Worth Buying An E-reader?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by reubhole1 • Feb 26, 2015.

1. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    Well with most ereaders you can still turn the pages all be it on the screen. I would good for the Kindle Fire, it seems to have some very good features include a bright screen light and you can read it even in the sun or when the area you are in is well lit. Since sooner or later everything we read will be electronic you might as well get an ereader.

2. joycemcgregor

joycemcgregorMember

Threads:
    I love the old Kindle that I have. A friend gave it to me when her daughter bought her a Kindle Fire. I download books for free from BookBub and Amazon. I take the Kindle with me whenever I know I am going to have to wait,, such as the doctor's office and when I take my daughter to any appointments she has. It is lightweight so is easy to hold and small so easy to take places. I did not thing I would like it as much as I do, because I too like the feel of a book in my hands.

3. Harmony Lassen

Harmony LassenNew Member

Threads:
    I have a kindle and I love it. I find it most useful because I can check out Ebooks from the library online, and have them instantly upload to my Kindle, which I found very convenient when traveling. Kindle books are also typically cheaper than printed books, and Amazon they often have good deals on Ebooks.

4. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I agree there's nothing like traditional reading with an actual book in your hand but for convenience sake, eReader is the way to go. I've been reading ebooks now for years and you'll really appreciate it. I don't even have an ebook reader, i just use my iPhone to read and i use this app called Kindle, an ebook reader. It's a great app. :p

5. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    Well, E-readers are definitely worth it if you think about the money you'll be saving from not having to buy the actually physical copies. You may have to spend a bit to buy the device but the money you'll save by just paying for ebooks or downloading them for free will be tremendous. Nowadays, ebooks are basically half the price of the physical copy, if you calculate each ebook you buy, the e-reader basically pays for itself.

6. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, its definitely worth buying an e-reader. I couldn't live without mine these days! It's one of the best things I bought. I think it comes in handy when you are going on holiday also! It means you don't need to carry all the weight of your books.

7. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    If you truly love reading as you claim you do, you should absolutely get an e-reader. Aside from the fact that you can carry it anywhere, it can contain a whole freaking library. I understand when you say that you like the idea of holding a physical book in your hands. I had that feeling too. But you’re going to get used reading using an e-reader. In fact, you will likely going to love it. I’m yet to hear about book readers hating their e-readers. As to brands, the Kindle is still the best.

8. glockman

glockmanNew Member

Threads:
    Its all about practice. When you use a reader long enough you can adapt to it or actually like it. The bookmarks and read out loud features are especially alluring. You don't even have to buy a dedicated reader, if you are comfortable with the size of your phone's screen there several free apps out there that work beautifully.

#28Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015