Would A Phone Case Save Money In The Long Run?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by cocolgooh • Apr 17, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I always used to make sure I had a phone case on my phone so that I could protect it from scratches and getting broken generally but with my last phone I didn't bother getting a case for it and, almost 3 years on, it only has one scratch that's really noticeable and that was because my dog sort of bit into it one day and having a case on that wouldn't have done much good anyway as he would still have been able to bit into it just the same.

I've now bought another phone and I'm considering whether I should get a new case for this one or whether it would be fine without. I'm not sure that it would really protect the phone much anyway?

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that cases are always the better option for anybody who is looking to protect their phone and also for anybody looking for phone longevity. My sister got the latest Samsung the other day and she brought herself the kind of case that supposedly absorbs shock? So not only does dropping your phone cause less damage, but it prevents scratches too.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Having your phone in a case does help to protect your phone and help save some nervous days if the phone does get dropped or scratched it will be safe from getting cracked. Or if you think you would like to resell the phone it will be worth more money if it has no scratches on it.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If that phone case is for the protection of the screen then it is mandatory for me. My first smart phone had suffered scratches not from mishandling though. I was very careful with it but the scratches seemed cannot be avoided. When I bought a new phone, that's the first thing I did - buy a case to protect the screen. Now my 3rd phone is scratch-free because it is scratch-proof. But I also bought a case for easier handling.

5. Noreht

NorehtMember

Threads:
    I think a phone case is a must have especially if you want to resell your phone after a few years. It protects the exterior and screen of the phone and it costs a lot less than a screen repair. If you have a Samsung be sure to register for their free screen repair. They have a service where you get one free screen repair per phone.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, I do not have a case for my phone, because when I went to get the same one as my sister they had sold out, and I had already decided that I wanted the exact one after seeing how well it protected her phone. During that time, my phone suffered a few scratches, and there is even a dent in the top chrome bit which was heartbreaking for me. But I would definitely tell anyone to get a shock absorbent phone case.

7. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    At present I do not have a case for my phone, but now that I am reading this thread, it does seem like it would be worthwhile having one. My phone has dropped on more than 1 occasion which has resulted in a small bit being broken off. I should really get myself a case since it would protect the phone not only from scratches but from being broken as well. The very first phone I owned did have a case though, so I don't know why I have never thought of getting a case for the one I now have.

8. Noreht

NorehtMember

Threads:
    It is one of those things where you tell yourself it's ok you will get one later, you will just be careful, then BOOM,, broken phone and you are cut of from the outside world. I always buy a cover even if it is not the one I want. At least it does the job until I get the perfect cover astetically

9. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    Ahhhhh I got a really cute and pretty case for my phone that doesn't protect it that much. I can only say I am grateful to the cell phone and tablet companies for improving the durability of their products over the past few years! My current case helps quite a bit but I still have a couple cracks on the screen edge that make me sad.

I should probably get a nice damage-protecting case, but some of those seem to defeat the purpose of using my phone as a compact way to stay connected. My feelings are conflicted. LOL!

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you want to extend the lifespan of your phone and keep it from breaking every time it takes a fall, then a phone case is necessary. If a phone case manages to protect your phone and extend its lifespan then it's obviously saved you money because you do not have to change phones every so often.

11. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    Well, I personally do not like buying cases to my phones unless it is a transparent case, because I somehow feel like the case is hiding my phone and no, I like seeing my phone, I do not like covering it because that is why they come with a default design, why shall I mess it up with a case? that is my opinion, if I were you I would buy it but I do not really like them whatsoever.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A phone case is quite useful in protecting your phone, because it prevents the phone from being scratched or dented while it's inside your bag or when it falls. Phone cases aren't that expensive as well, so it's worth it to buy one if you're particular in preserving the pristine look of your phone.

13. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely. A phone case would save money in the long run because it would prevent scratches on the screen especially if it is a touchscreen device. Phone cases also reduce the mechanical shock the phone is likely to absorb if it falls down. They also retain the condition of the phone in good shape and its resale value would not fluctuate much.

14. Sealpikachu

SealpikachuMember

Threads:
    It depends on how careful you are with your phone. I usually can not skip the case because im super clumsy. The case in the long run is worth it since you will always regret not getting one if your phone falls. Better safe than sorry in my opinion.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Cases do protect phones. I had one that I dropped at the most vulnerable point which is the corner and it was a fairly expensive phone and it ended up getting broken because of it. I think at the time it did have a case but it was a cheap one that didn't cover the corner so now I make sure to have a good case for my phone. That said, I still prefer not having one if I could because I feel like I'm not getting the full experience of my phone because the case just makes it bulky and in that way it makes no sense to buy slim phones if you're only going to cover them up in thick plastic but it's practical so I do it anyway.