Would Any Of You Buy Used Clothes Online?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by suegiplaye • Jun 17, 2015.

1. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    I have seen used clothes online and I think it is pretty risky to buy it . You don't know how the clothes will really look when they arrive at your doorstep. I really don't even like going to Goodwill, but at least their clothes are examined by the store associates before they are put on hangers for sale. What are your thought?

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I would buy used clothes online only if they still look good, and if the price is right.

3. felielizab

felielizabMember

Threads:
    I agree with dyanmarie25. I have bought a couple of used clothes on sites like Ebay. I've had hits and misses. But if it was an item I really wanted, I could see clear pictures, and the price was a bargain, then I probably would do it again.

4. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    I always buy used clothes from eBay, you can weigh up their sales ratings and if it's a certain brand you've worn before I've always found that to be a pretty safe bet, and a good way to get a bargain.

5. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    While I have never bought used clothes online, my cousin sister does. Seeing her show me the different types of clothes she bought, it really surprises me that they don't look used at all. The colors are all sharp and vibrant.

There were a few times though, that some looked used or torn. We were able to get it refunded so that's fine. While there are plenty of used clothes online, I'm pretty sure brand new ones are pretty cheap as well, especially coming from China. At least cheaper than what they sell here in local stores!

But as always, you have to be smart when purchasing such items. Always check the rating, and reviews of the seller, whenever possible.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought used clothes online on Ebay many times already, and the only problem I have is that some tops didn't fit me. The pants can be gauged by just asking the measurement of the waist laid flat, while tops are hard to gauge.

7. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I haven’t done it, but I’d consider it. It could be a way to get some unique finds at great prices. I might be concerned about getting ripped off, or the item being significantly not as described, but I figure doing some research on the sellers might curb that.

8. ImariFutari

ImariFutariMember

Threads:
    I'd do it. If it fits my tastes, I'm totally up for a hand me down or two! I'm not very picky at all when it comes to clothing - as my styles and color palettes can change with my mood that day. Sometimes, I'll switch from preppy to punky or soph. to colorful in the middle of a day just because I'm not happy with what I'm wearing and how representative it is.

And of course, if it isn't comfortable, I'm not having it. So I like to buy my clothing one number size up - just to be safe when shopping for used clothes online. And, during my childhood, we shopped at Goodwill all the time, due to our budget! It's a great place if you're in that economic situation, and you aren't too "stuffy". :)

9. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't even trust new clothes online let alone used.
    Sizes and fit is important to me, you never know what something will fit like until you wear it yourself.
    Once I ordered a medium polo online, when it came it was 2 sizes too big for me!
    Since then I steer clear of all online apparel.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think buying used clothing online might not be such a great idea. At least for me it isn't. The pictures provided might not give you the accurate image of what you are buying. It could be a picture of the clothes when they were brand new.

Some people have had some pretty bad experiences buying used clothes online and I don't intend to join that group. Actually I don't buy any clothes online, new or used.

11. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I would definitely buy used clothes online, and have done in the past, however I would only do it on a website where sellers are able to get feedback, because then I would know that they had been trusted to sell in the past. I would also insist on photos of the actual garments rather than stock photos from a website, as I would then be able to have a look at any marks or scuffs on the items, and make my mind up as to whether I still wanted to buy them or not. So yes, I would definitely still buy used clothes online, but I would certainly have to be very careful about it.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a problem with buying pre-owned clothes at all. However, I wouldn't do it online as I would prefer to see just how much use the previous owner got out of the item, if it's worth the money charged. So no, I wouldn't buy second hand clothes online for that reason.

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've bought tons of used clothes online.. such good deals! I haven't had an issue yet. As long as you make sure the pictures are thorough and clear and all the information you need is listed and you ask questions, you're fine.

14. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind buying used clothes online (or offline) especially when I'm looking for "themed" clothes. In fact, I already bought used clothes several times before.

First time was when my daughter was going to attend a Gatsby themed party and we're not satisfied with the new ones available at the mall. So we went online and find something really beautiful at a much lower cost too.

After that, I never bothered going to the mall to look for themed clothes, I just scout online. I find it fun and exciting, like treasure hunting. :D

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never tried it but I'd be up for it if I could protect myself enough from the purchase. Usually sites like ebay provide some sort of guarantee that the buyer is satisfied and at worst I could just leave a negative feedback on the seller if the product ends up not being as good as the details advertised. For the most part it just keeps sellers honest and they would state if there are certain things to consider before buying and that would probably be enough for me to make the jump especially if the item is fairly cheap.

16. EllieTamal

EllieTamalNew Member

Threads:
    I don't think I'd like to buy second hand clothes online. It's always possible to find new ones for appropriate price.