Would Offer Suggestions To Gifts That You Would Like To Have?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by vashk • Aug 26, 2017.

1. vashk

vashkNew Member

Threads:
    I tend to be the type that suggests the kind of gifts that I would love to have. I found out that in the past, I would get many types of the same gifts and I had to re-gift many of those away. so when it comes to those special occasions where people feel the need to show appreciation for a person, I would leave a few hints on my social media pages so as to reduce the similarity of gifts. That way I get more of what I need instead of having excesses.

Would you suggest to have a gift of your choice?

2. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes, I do this all the time:). But only to my family and close friends. I frequently drop hints either as a song or when a TV advert comes on about something I want. Or I can just start a conversation around the gift that I want. I have once gone as far as saying out loud I would love to get an item as a birthday gift. It works all the time!

3. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    That is a great idea. Suggesting what you want, also goes a long way in helping save money as well as the time that would have been wasted, getting a rather irrelevant gift. It helps the buyer make a more informed decision, which I believe they would appreciate very much because at least now they have a channel they can narrow down to. Personally, I have not done that before, but I am in full support of the idea.

4. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I do make suggestions for the gift I want, however, I do this only with my close friends and family members. For example, when my birthday wad near, I told my sister that I need to buy a laptop bag. I did not say she should give me a laptop bag, instead I told her how much I wanted to buy a bag. On my birthday, I got a nice laptop bag from my sister.

5. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    Yeah! I always do this. Most people like to get surprises from their loved ones on their birthdays/anniversaries. But I don't want them to worry too much about what they gonna gift me and then planning a surprise as I am a nice guy:rolleyes:. So I tell them generally about a week before my birthday that what each of them is supposed to bring as my gift. It's a win-win.

6. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Yes I always do! It is almost always books that I want. My friends now know that I don't like anything much in the way of gifts apart from books, so now it is they who ask me a few days before as to the list of books I intend to have and they buy the ones out of the list according to what they find and their budget for my gift! It is always better to give suggestions than receive something which we won't use at all.