Would Shopping Only One In A Month Help You Save?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Aug 3, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The logic of it all is that the less trips you make to the store, the less things you'd be tempted to buy on impulse. And then of course there's the gas you'd use flitting back and forth from the stores. The added advantage of buying your stuff once a month is that you can easily find out what non-essential items you'd been buying and cut them out of your budget completely.

What do you think? Can it help someone save money?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I can't see myself shopping only once a month, unless I lived far away from civilisation and rarely had the opportunity to visit a town. Shopping in bulk makes a lot of sense, but then you would also need a large pantry or storage place, and probably a big freezer. Personally, I prefer to restock my pantry once every couple of weeks, while I buy fresh groceries on a daily basis.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hear that from my dad, that the less trips you make to the grocery store, the more that you will save. Maybe he meant that in a literal sense because you don't get to spend as often as you would have to if you go shopping weekly. Come to think of it, my dad doesn't buy food from the grocery store anymore and just buys food from the nearby market whenever we need it, so I guess he is right then? Shopping in the wet market is different from grocery shopping right?