Would you buy a car on eBay?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by JulianWilliams • Jan 15, 2015.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I seem to be in the minority: Yes. However, only if I can see, test, examine the car before committing to purchase. Which normally means the seller has to be close by. EBay is just another way to put things up for sale. The buyer is the one who should always be well informed & cautious regardless of whether you are buying from an established dealer or another person.

2. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I would never buy anything from there if I hadn't had the chance to have a look at it first, because you just don't know what you're going to end up with. I would try to arrange a meeting with the person who was selling it, and would want to see records of the car, and have a drive of it to make sure that everything was working as it should. I need to know why they're selling the car, because obviously I don't want it if there's something that's going to go wrong quickly.

3. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    Personally, no. I would suggest using a trusted car dealership or a site like Craigslist. Using eBay does not ensure you will get the exact pictures you need. You can never go wrong with buying a new car either!

4. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I would buy a car on Craigslist before Ebay simply because most sellers are local and I'm pretty sure you can find more local sellers than Ebay. I would never buy a car without driving it and having a mechanic look at it first. I have never bought a car on either Craigslist or Ebay, but if I had to choose I would go with Craigslist.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think I would! Getting a car online is a bit risky as it is, let alone doing it through Ebay. Not that there is no honest people there selling cars, but I don't feel that it is the best option when it comes to getting a car.

6. franpj

franpjNew Member

Threads:
    I agree with Juno. Buying a car is not like grocery shopping. A car is big money and an even bigger commitment. So much money is involved with license, registration, insurance, gas, maintenance, etc. And just think, You get what you pay for--a $500 car is all you're going to get. Can you tell I've been burnt in that department?
    I've worked for dealerships and I'm a big believer in them. Anything goes sideways and you'll have recourse for repairs, etc.