Would You Buy An Album Knowing You Don't Like Some Songs?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by cocolgooh • Apr 7, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I would if I liked the band a lot and wanted to support them with their future work.if I didn't like any of the songs on the album though then I don't think I would buy it because I'd never listen to it. If I'd listen to some songs often on the album then it seems worthwhile. Especially if it's only one or two I dislike or wouldn't listen to.

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    If the album contained more than enough quality songs then I would buy it. For example: say the album has 12 songs, if I like 7 of them then I'll buy the album. I understand wanting to help the band, but I don't see any point in buying a CD which will only gather dust because most of the songs suck. :)

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have purchased an album that I like only a few songs on the album. I don't think it is possible to purchase an album and like all of the songs on it, I think that is the way they get some songs out into the market, mix them in with more popular songs.

4. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Nope - regardless of who the artist is - unless its only one or maybe two tracks - absolutely not - simply because – as I normally don't bother listening to an album unless the majority of it is enjoyable to listen to - it would be a total waste of money - as it would most likely never get played.

Fortunately - although I do usually enjoy most tracks on my favorite bands albums - as I now more often than not download my music and that offers the choice of only buying the tracks that you want to listen - rather than the full album - its not usually a problem that I encounter very often these days.

5. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    I would buy it if I like most of the songs included in the album, does not matter if I somehow dont like one of two of them, if you really like the artist I doubt there might be a song you dont like, however yes, I would buy it no doubts, that's my opinion though.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never buy full albums any more. Since on any one single album there'll be maybe one or two really good songs [and I listen only such] I'll could buy the songs I like or wait until they are uploaded to youtube and I'd listen to the song without paying a penny.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Back when I didn't have an option to listen to songs online I definitely did purchase a lot of albums just for a few songs I like. Most of the time it's just one of the things you have to deal with buying whole albums since not all bands can be so talented or skilled to produce that many songs that end up being great so a lot of them do tend to mostly be fillers, but I didn't mind as long as I can listen to my favorite songs over and over again. Now that I have many other options I don't think I still would though.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends. Back in the day, before the internet and being able to download singles for free, I may have been inclined to buy the whole album even though I knew I wouldn't like all of the tracks. But these days, most songs are on youtube and you can download the video and convert it to mp3. So I guess my answer is no.

9. rubymusic1

rubymusic1New Member

Threads:
    I do this all of the time! I find that songs I didn't like once upon a time grow on me once I listen to an album more.

That's also like saying "would you go to a concert if you didn't like some of the songs/the support band?" Always yes, each and every time.

10. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Well, with how easy it is to have access to music/movies online, it would've been easy to just torrent the whole album but sometimes, when i really love the artists, i'll support them and purchase their album regardless of how bad most songs in the album are.

11. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    As long as I like more than 60% of the audio tracks, then I'll definitely buy. If you like less than 3 songs, then is better to just buy it separately. You can buy it in Itunes, listen your music through Spotify streaming or any other music media network.

Although, with Usb technology advances, is overall better to just load your music in a mp3 player instead of an outdated CD player. You have the music recorded in a physical storage media, yes, but Is very likely that It will remain picking up dust somewhere once you export the tracks to your PC.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to do that before when mp3's weren't popular yet and the album is from an artist that I like, but now that mp3's are quite popular then I don't buy CD's anymore. However, if the album was on sale for a very low price then I would buy it.

#12May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  13. PennyPincher

PennyPincherMember

Threads:
    In the past I did. But I would not do it now. I prefer to download only the songs I like. Some places online allow you to download songs for free from time to time.

14. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This thread reminds me of the olden days when my uncle would buy the so called Long Playing Album. His favorite was the Beatles because according to him all songs of the Beatles are palatable. When the new bands came about, I remember he had bought an album with only 2 popular songs and the rest of about 10 songs were not really that good. Maybe if those albums are in fashion again, that bundle would be the downside because I find people now to be choosy as to buy only the songs that they like.

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a good point. But it doesn't work for me. I usually know within the first two minutes or so whether or not I am going to like the actual song or not. Having these unlikable songs played out in the world, radio, grocery stores over and over again, can make you more familiar with a song, but it never makes me like one. If I spend money on music, I have to really really like the music and feel the artist deserves my money. That happens very rarely though.

16. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    In that case, instead of just buying the whole album, I'll just listen to the official music video if I cannot learn to like the other songs. Although, I did buy the album in the past of a favored artist in the past and played all of her songs and I eventually liked it. If we really like a song, sometimes the only appreciation we can show to the artists is buying a copy of the album for their hard work.

17. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    In most cases, it will be hardly likely that an individual will love all the songs on an album. However, if find that there may be at least sixty percent of really enjoyable songs included I would purchase the album, and it may even come to the case where, over time, I may come enjoy some of the songs I had not fancied at the onset.

18. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to, but these days we tend to download just the individual songs we like. I like that about modern technology :) But we recently bought the latest Beyonce album, only to find we both hated it LOL We're huge fans (well, me more than my husband), but this new path she's gone down is beyond WEIRD for me, and a solid reason why we usually go for songs rather than the whole album.