Would You Buy Clipped Coupons

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • Jan 19, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if it's illegal to sell coupons but apparently there are some sites which offer coupon clipping services. They clip coupons from magazines, newspapers, etc and sell them to you. They save you the need to buy two or three newspapers so you can get coupons from them, so they say.

Have you ever bought clipped coupons? Would you do it if you knew the coupon would save you more money than you'll spend buying it?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is illegal to sell coupons, and most are bar coded if you use one that is flagged then the store can refuse to accept them. It's not worth the risk and embarrassment if they get rejected.

The gray area is that you are paying for the service of the clipping rather than the coupons themselves, (so if you bought the coupons and papers it's okay as you pay for the clipping only) but if the service was advertised, I am sure it would be clamped down on somewhere along the line.

3. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    No, I have never paid for clipped coupons. I've heard about it, but just wasn't ever interested in paying someone else to clip them for me. I have children that can help me clip them.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought clipped coupons and I would happily do it again. It's not about being too lazy to clip coupons ,it is about having control over which coupons you get. I would rather pay 10 cents each for 15 of the same coupon than pay $15 for 15 copies of the Sunday paper to try to get 15 of the same coupon. When you buy the Sunday paper, you have no idea what coupons you'll get. When I browse my favorite coupon clipping site, I get to hand pick the exact coupons that I want for the products that I'm going to buy. If I need 8 of the same coupon, I can buy 8 of the same coupon without having to buy multiple newspapers.
    Since I don't jump into dumpsters to get multiple newspapers, buying coupons works for me.
    I buy one copy of the newspaper to see the week's coupons and then I buy extras of the coupons I need online.