Would you buy from a new store?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by OsvaldoLuis • Jul 7, 2012.

1. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I would buy from a new store. I figured that they will be selling good products since they want to build a good reputation for their store. They can't afford to have a bad rep right from the start after all.

2. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    If they were store that had something that I wanted I would definitely go in and check them out of the very least. I mean you could go with this school of thought that says just let the other suckers buy from them first I suppose but what if you really needed something. I think it would be worth the risk.

3. Dr23

Dr23Member

Threads:
    I would definitely buy at a new store if it is a physical brick & mortar store. If they have an actual location with actual product, I struggle to see where people would have issues. However, if we're talking about an online store then that is a totally different situation. Online stores thrive on reputation. A new online merchant might be wise in initially setting up their product through a medium like Ebay in order to give the buyer some confidence. They can also build up their feedback which then they can point to if they make the transition to a lone site store.

4. klarawoodenjr

klarawoodenjrNew Member

Threads:
    Buying from a new store has a tendency of scamming new customers but it depends on where it is established especially in urban areas. Most importantly if you're a new customer, you must have a little research on where you are buying your items. And any new business earns their reputation as time passes by, that's why big business earn every respect of customers because how they established from the very start.

5. theaaa

theaaaNew Member

Threads:
    If the store's products look good (quality-wise) and are reasonably priced, I'd definitely try. But if this is an online store, I'd be more cautious, check their store policy and payment methods, and ask around to see if others have had any positive or negative experiences with the store.

6. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I don;t mind buying in new stores. Why would you be afraid to buy when you get to see the item before you buy it? Another thing that I like when buying things in new stores is that they usually have an opening week sale so you could do your grocery there or whatever that you usually buy in other stores so you can save. :D

7. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I have done it in the past and don't regret it... they were perfectly safe and had great prices. I can always use PayPal protection in case they're trying to scam me.

8. xShivam

xShivamNew Member

Threads:
    If I really needed the item and if the price was less than other places I would but it. But first I would check if the store had a return policy, because if there was no return policy, or if the policy was bogus then the store is most likely a scam or like a scam. They might not exchange it even if it broke in front of their eyes in the store. This happened to me once when my father bought a phone from a store after the worker gave us false information on it. They wouldn't take it back at first even though we hadn't even opened the package. Luckily my father started to make a commotion, so they were forced to refund the item. They also made the mistake of charging his credit card back and giving us a gift card, so we got $83 for free.

9. wickerbaskets

wickerbasketsNew Member

Threads:
    Honestly, it all depends on the type of store. If it's some new store that seems shady then yeah I would probably avoid it. I tend to like my research, so I find myself doing a lot of research to find out more about something new before purchasing something from them.

10. Lloyd

LloydNew Member

Threads:
    Why? If your product was defective and you paid cash, you're at the mercy of the store owner. If you paid with a credit card and could not resolve your dispute with the store owner, the credit card processor will give you your money back. What do you gain by paying cash?

11. Lloyd

LloydNew Member

Threads:
    I'd gladly support new stores. I hope other people would do the same, because I plan to open another brick & mortar location as soon as possible.

12. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I would buy from a new store. New stores always have great bargains! Especially when the new store is a new store that is well known, but is making its debut in your part of town. I remember when Best Buy finally came to my part of town as part of a new mall a few blocks over from Yankee stadium. They had some really good prices as it was their grand opening. Got a lot of good stuff for cheap!

13. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:
    I would. Come on, someone has to give the new guy a chance. How else are they going to make a name for themselves and possibly grow IF they're good?

14. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    If its a good deal I don't see why not. Usually when a store first opens is when it has the best deals. Especially, if it is just a retail and grocery store. We have a small mom and pops grocery store that is opening up here soon near my home and I'm going to go when they open it just to see what they offer.

15. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    I have no problem shopping at new stores. I like to give them a chance to succeed. A new dollar type store just opened in my neighborhood and I have been there at least twice in a week. It just comes down to what the store looks like and whether I think that they will survive.

16. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    how is a new business supposed to ever get off the ground if people are afraid to purchase from them. I say just use your head when going to a new place, but give them the benefit of the doubt.

17. taskeinc

taskeincMember

Threads:
    Are we talking about a new online store, offline store? If you're referring to an online store I'd need to see a few reviews first. If you're asking if I would buy from your traditional, brick and mortar store, if it's clean, in a nice area, or in the downtown area, and the merchandise looks nice, sturdy, and not cheap, then yes I would make a purchase.

It's the online vendors that you have to be careful of, unless this new store is selling it's merchandise from Amazon.com. I'm a big shopper at Amazon, have been for the past few years and so far, never had a problem. Knock on wood!

18. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have shopped at new stores, but it really depends on what they are selling. I have shopped at new grocery stores and fruit stands. I'm not really sure about electronic stores. It depends of the how the store looks and feels to me.

19. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    If the quality of the merchandise was on par with the price, I would. I feel that a new store is trying to gain a reputation and if someting is wrong with a procuct, and you want to return it, I do not think there would be a problem.

20. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I am very skeptical about purchasing from new companies because there are far too many scams online. I like to atleast wait until there are more than thirty reviews on various sites. I like to read through the reviews just to make sure that it isn't the same person. You can usually tell if the same people are writing a review because of the writing style or what they are saying about the store. There are only so many ways to word a review and after a while things start to sound a bit similar. I don't think i've ever given a new store a chance. When I made my first online purchase as a teenager, I made the mistake of purchasing from an old scam site, but luckily the bank refunded my parents. Ever since then, I've been very careful about how and where I spend my money online.