Would you buy from a new store?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by OsvaldoLuis • Jul 7, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would give a new store a chance because I like to support entrepreneurs and family businesses. I wouldn't buy a big ticket item without knowing the return policy but I would definitely take a chance on a new store.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would definitely buy from a new store if it is only a small item. That's one way of testing the new store if it can deliver what it promised - the quality of the items. Giving a break to new stores is like helping new business to prosper.

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I'll be honest I'm usually fiercely loyal to certain brands and stores. Having said that, I have no problem trying new stores and buying products from them if it's a place I'm impressed with. Customer service is part of the evaluation, but what draws me to a new store are the quality of the products, and of course the pricing.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If a new store offers the lowest price on a certain item then I'm happy to shop there. It's always worth checking new stores out, just to keep an eye on their prices.

5. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Depends on the type of product really. New coffee place? Well a cup of joe or a bag of beans isn't really a gamble. A new gym or a car dealership? Big items or long term purchases I always go with a name I know/trust.

6. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I've recently bought a product at a new store because they had the option for PayPal payments. I had issue with it because the store had really crappy customer service, they didn't answer the phone several times, they once forgot me on the phone when they said to wait a minute to get my tracking number, they didn't update any of the status on the product I bought for weeks. It was really bad and I've learnt a lesson. Not only was I treated badly with the service, I actually paid twice as much as I would have in a more popular shop that's across the entire country, I just needed to pay with PayPal. There was irresponsibility on my part, but also the shop is really bad and I can say I learnt my lesson.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sure I would!
    I'm all about trying new stuff and discovering new products and brands, it's how sales and commerce develop and evolve, we need to try new stuff!
    Of course, my decision to make a purchase depends if I'm actually interested in the product,if the quality is good and price is right.

8. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I will give a new store a try but I always make sure to ask about their return policy. If they don't allow returns or it is store credit only I usually walk out. Also, I look at their prices and if they are significantly higher from other stores I wouldn't buy from them.

9. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I would buy from a new store, why not? If you are feeling uneasy about buying from a new store then buy small items and build up to more expensive items once you have established trust.

10. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes people need to be careful to do that as that can be bad considering new shops are not that great in customer service. I mean if you can go to a popular one, where you can get much cheaper due to the economy of the company or shop, why not?

11. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I may buy to a new store. I always check if the offer is okay or the items they are selling are good. I also consider if the price of the items are acceptable and not too low that seems suspicious.

12. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    I don't mine giving a new store a chance. Usually, I will wait for a while to get some feedback from others, or read reviews. I have start to buy more products online, and I really do not shop a lot at local stores or malls anymore. I was just reading an article about the retail industry slowly collapsing, especially the malls. Very sad.

13. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the vibe I get from the store. If I think that things look organized (even if the store is online, I have to take into consideration what their website looks like), if the staff is professional, if their store policies are clear, then yes, I would buy from a new store. Probably something inexpensive at first, to test things out.

14. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    I'd definitely buy from a new store. I wouldn't be comfortable giving out my credit cad information, but I'd be okay if they had paypal as an option. That's if we're talking about online stores. If it's a store in real life, I generally wouldn't mind using it, unless it's obviously a sketchy store xD. I'd be fine with using cash in there. If the place looks really bad, just wait until you hear about it from somebody else! :3

15. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It can be somewhat risky to buy from new online stores because one can't be too sure if the store owners are scammers. Of course you'd want to see reviews first before making a commitment to buy but what if the net is flooded with fake positive reviews? I'd only buy from a new online store if someone I know recommends it. Otherwise I'd opt for safety and buy from well-known stores.

16. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the product. I would definitely buy clothes or food from a new store since those aren't major purchases. However I would be weary to buy larger ticket items, something like electronics or furniture that may come with a warranty. I like buying those items from stores I know have great customer service and a good return policy.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course I would. I think that if something goes wrong, then you can always return the item to the store, since I assume that they offer a refund policy. Come to think of it, I think I have done that already.

18. GreenPersimmon

GreenPersimmonMember

Threads:
    I love checking out new stores to see what they have. You never know what they might have. If it's a clothing store, I always look at the quality of the clothes and accessories and compare prices to the closest comparable store. Sometimes you find a deal and sometimes they're a rip off. But you only know that once you've looked at the goods.

19. Ellen

EllenNew Member

Threads:
    I say new stores are fine. I never had any problem

20. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Why not? As long as is a brick and mortar store, thereare not many risk shopping there a little. Yet you have the chance to experience first hand how this business is gonna fare locally. Is always exciting to see new comercial establishments nearby.