Would You Buy From Sellers With Negative Feedbacks?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Jasmin Cottontail • Dec 16, 2016.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I've been wanting to buy something on eBay and this particular seller is the only one who's selling the item. She have many reviews, probably a thousand. There are positive comments, neutral and negative ones. There are actually a hundred positive comments, some neutral and a few negative ones. I've read some negative comments wherein the seller didn't send the item and didn't provide refund or sent a defective one. I don't know what to believe in and I don't know what to do if I should buy from her or believe the negative comments and secure my money.

What about you? What would you do?

2. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    Well since there is a mixture it means that there are cases that are true and not entirely true. I would look around for the item from more reputable people before buying from her. If it's something that I need asap then I would just take the risk. But bare in mind that the positive feedback could be paid so take care.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had posted in another thread that we always do a research when it comes to new companies that we do not know, be they food outlets or boutiques especially in online shopping, information is very important. But once a store has a negative feedback, it is already a red mark to us and it would take recommendations before we patronize it.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Online sellers have usually a reviews on the kind of business they are with, their services, among others. It is too subjective to rely on the bad reviews or news about the said sellers. Let's remember that there are competitors who give bad impression to their competing seller and they are paying those who made a bad reports. But some of the online sellers I have known which are considered to have a good reputation as far as online selling is concerned: eBay, Lazada,

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    You're right. I've also come up with the conclusion that perhaps some positive reviews can be paid ones although I don't want to assume but there are possibilities since it's common nowadays. The item that I like isn't actually a necessity but rather a gift for myself this Christmas and I've already checked if there are other sellers aside from her and I found one but without any reviews. So I guess I'll have to think about it over and over before deciding if I'll give it a go or not. Thanks! :)

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would want to check with the BBB.org about the seller. This seller doesn't send items bought and no refund, I'd wait till the item I want is from a bit more reputable seller. I understand how you might feel for I too like hard to find items. I search and search until I get what I want at the price I want. I would even window shop for it at brick and mortar too. I don't like it when you pay for an item you really want and get burned not receiving it or getting a refund. This is a big red flag about the seller. I can understand about business not going smoothly all the time, but not sending a bought item or giving refunds because it may have sold out, is bad, very bad.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's normal to have good, neutral and negative reviews from customers as a business person. I'd try balance the whole reviews before deciding, if there are more positive reviews then I'll go ahead and buy. If I get confused by the kinds of reviews I read, then I may find a way to contact anyone already using such item to get direct info.

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I think most companies and products would have a mix of good and bad reviews. Since I know that a lot of reviews are paid write ups to hype up a product or a seller, I would try to seek someone I know who had actually tried the product/service. I'm not easily discouraged by negative comments as I know that there are isolated incidents that can happen even to the most trusted brands or seller. I won't part with my money unless I get reasonable assurance that I'll get what I'll be paying for.

9. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I usually do a lengthy research before I buy a product. It may take days or weeks if not urgent and meanwhile you will be suprised that another seller with a better price may pop up.

Most times its worth the wait.

10. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I will be straight on this. I will never buy from the seller who has more negative feedback than positive feedback. However, I may consider the seller if he has very few negative feedback. In fact I have tried sellers with few negative feedback and did not have any problem. Sometimes a seller with positive feedback may also give you a hard time.

11. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    No, I wouldn't buy from a seller who had a bad rating. Personally, I don't go on Ebay because I don't really feel that the sellers can be fully trusted. I know that's not fair on the genuine sellers who treat their customers well but it is my luck that I normally get the bad ones.

I do buy from some companies online and those that I have had dealings with have been wonderful. They have sent the product very quickly and it has always been good service.

12. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the number of reviews. If the seller has a number of positive reviews and only a few very negative reviews it is okay. It is always good to review the seller on other sites before coming to a conclusion whether he indeed is at fault. The reviews might be posted by some of his competitors who would want to defame him or from fake customers who did not even buy the product.

Always research before buying the product. Contact the customers who have purchased the product before and take their feedback. It helps to a great extent.

13. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    If the seller has more positive reviews than negative and neutral reviews, I would say it is quite safe to purchase, but if the negative reviews are not reasonable enough, and by that I mean 40 percent of the reviews are negative in a way that they either received a wrong product or the product was not shipped, you might consider not purchasing anything from this store.

14. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Before purchasing or trying out anything I tend to read reviews on it first. So I guess if I see something with bad feed back I will usually avoid. It all depends on how reasonable the reviews are though and if the positive ones are more on the reasonable side then I will give them a chance.

15. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I say if you really want the thing that the seller is selling, and you can't seem to find anyplace else to buy it, then go ahead and take a chance on purchasing it from her. Some people are never going to be satisfied, so sometimes there will be bad reviews given even if the person has mostly good reviews. If there are mostly good reviews, I think that it is safe to trust the seller. You never know though, so be careful, and make sure that the money you are spending is not a huge amount, in case something goes wrong.

16. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds like a huge red flag for me. I refuse to buy a product from a seller who eats complaints for breakfast. I also check the reputation of sellers because I had been scammed before. I do not want to order a product that won't arrive or a product with damnable quality.

I do not like seller profiles with a low rating and a negative reputation. I also avoid sellers with fake positive reviews.

17. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    A few days back, I had ordered a dress online which had a mixed review on the site. As I really liked the product, so ordered even after having a doubt. To be honest, it came out to be a wise decision as the product was pretty nice as opposed to many of the critical reviews.

The moral of the story is, at times things will turn out to be good even after having some negative reviews and vice versa.

18. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Thanks for all your comments and opinions. It really helped me to decide whether to buy from that certain seller or not. Well as I've checked his feedback, there are 10% of negative feedback, 5% of neutral and the rest are all positive. So I think I'll take my chances since there are more positive reviews than the negative ones. I just hope I won't regret it :) Thanks ya'll! :D

19. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I go for the reputation of the site rather than going for individual sellers because reviews sometimes do not reflect the actual rating of the seller. Some post positive to promote the seller which could as well be fabricated ones or negative reviews which some people tend to write just for the heck of it. So, as I said I prefer to check the reliability of the portal rather than going for individual seller.

20. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    If the feedbacks are mixed (ie: positive, neutral and negative) I can even think whether or not - depending on the item - I make the purchase, but... If the seller has only negative feedbacks, it's quite obvious that I don't I buy it at all (even if it's something well below the price).

Many times we try to pay cheap for things, and end up paying more expensive after all