Would You Buy From Sellers With Negative Feedbacks?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Jasmin Cottontail • Dec 16, 2016.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    On a second thought, I would buy the product if the seller is providing the item on much lower price than the going rate because ratings do not reflect the real value of the product in most cases. I have seen some people expect too much from a product even if they are paying lesser for that particular product compared to other sellers in the same category. So, one has to keep in mind the cost of product before giving a negative rating.

2. nmcnul75

nmcnul75New Member

Threads:
    I tend to look and see how many negative and neutral there are compared to positive feedback. Of course I would much rather go with someone that has all positive but lets be honest....things happen. I read them to see what went wrong and read the positives also to see what they have done right. I usually do this for Ebay but I actually buy more from Amazon. For me I am a prime member so the two day shipping is a huge selling point for me because I wouldnt be ordering it if it wasnt something I needed or wanted asap.

That being said if the ebay price is right I would be willing to wait and I have in the past. I havent really had any truly horrible experiences (worst was waiting for something from China). And Ebay will back you up if you are unhappy.

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    You have to understand that some people may post bad reviews because of spite or malice. This doesn't say, however, negative reviews should be ignored because sometimes there are extreme cases which the customer may experience a high degree of difficulty in having the problem resolved. You need to analyze as much as you can the complexity of the reviews. A site may be having numerous positive reviews on how reliable they are in delivering the goods in good condition and on time, however, a closer scrutiny may enlighten you that in the event of a mishap which would warrant that you to be refunded the money you paid, the company is unwilling or extremely tardy in giving your money back to you. This would be a big factor in making a decision whether on not to do business with this site.

4. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind few negative feedbacks but seeing a river of negative feedbacks and complaints is a red flag people should avoid. These customers with negative experiences are already saving you from having the same fate. Beware of those robotic fake positive feedbacks. Some sellers pay people cents at micro-workers to make fake reviews.

5. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well it depends on which products they are offering and as Beast_Titan stated how many negative feedbacks they have, if they are low then i would definitely consider it if the product was at a lower price compared to the other sellers, if there are a significant number of negative feedbacks, then i wouldn't risk it.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with you @explorerx7@explorerx7 that some of them write negative views for the sake of fun or maybe the competitors encourage them to write a negative view so I would see my own reasoning whether that particular product is worth in that particular price range or not. I cannot expect something that cost you $10 would be as good as the one priced at $50. You cannot compare a cheaper brand with costlier ones.

7. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    No, not if there is a lot of negative feedback. If there is mostly good and a few bad I will probably buy. Some people will complain about everything so you can't always trust what they say plus some expect more than others so it's swings and roundabouts.

I have bought items that had good feedback and found them awful so it works both ways,

8. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I usually see the recent reviews of the seller. If it has a lot of positive reviews then I will buy from that particular seller or else I would move on to another one.

9. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I would never buy from a user who has a lot of negative reviews especially on eBay. If the seller has a few negative reviews, maybe 5-10 but then has more than 100 good reviews with a few of them being recent then I wouldn't have a problem buying from them. Make sure to read the negative reviews first though because like said above, a lot of people will write a negative review for the stupidest reasons. I was selling a code for Xbox Live Membership once and they left me a negative review because it didn't work for them even though I took it back and gave him a refund. The reason why it didn't work - he was in a country where that code was not going to work which I clearly stated in the description of the item :/

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @harijobs@harijobs To me reviews do not matter much as I have seen tons of them coming from professional reviewers. There are man micro worker sites like Mturk and Microworkers which pay online workers for writing positive reviews. I would prefer to ask about a particular product from my relative or friend rather than depending on reviews provided by the sites or manufacturers.

11. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal has a 180-day policy to give customers a refund by filing a dispute if you did not get the item or there has been a problem with your purchase, so if I were you I would take that risk and just buy the item. I have always won in every dispute case that I filed, so I feel quite secure when using Paypal, so I still buy from sellers with negative feedback.

12. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    This is confusing scenario for me. I mean even I used to buy on ebay regularly. I too check out feed back and rating of the seller. If I found user rating above 70% then I go for it. As you said in your case seller was having good rating and only few negative ratings. After that I could have gone for it. But then you said few negative comments were saying that item hasn't got shipped or refund. That's confusing.

13. Gold Coin

Gold CoinNew Member

Threads:
    We often buy from ebay sellers that have 99.99 % selling and high standard delibery habits.

14. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    It really depends for me. I usually read the reviews just in case. Most of the time for me, it is usually the buyer's own fault or personal bias. If the good out way the bad and the negative isn't too harsh then I will usually buy from them.

15. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Reviews, reputations and feed backs are the first thing that you would like to know first before committing into a deal with someone when you do shopping especially online. Since most of the online shops out there doesn't necessarily have a physical store that you can visit in case of troubles and concerns regarding the products, it is important to check the legality and truthfulness behind every online stores.

16. Meeseeks

MeeseeksMember

Threads:
    It depends if I knew the seller personal, but I won't in general. That's the purpose of consumer ratings, to know if sellers are reliable and legit when it comes to their services and products.

17. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I would if the negative feedback was made few months earlier. I know that duration will have been long enough for the seller to make changes and improve. Also, the seller might have really improved but has no customers because people still judge them based on past negative feedback.

I will buy products from them and if it turns out to be good, I will make sure to leave a positive feedback so that others can change their negative perception and start buying from the seller. :)

18. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I have come to know in life that there is no way one would be able to satisfy everyone 100 percent at the same time, it's not possible, the only way that could be possible is if such person is an ice cream, but then again ice cream isn't so good to those having cold flu.

Now, like you pointed out, there are both positive and negative comments about the seller services. What I can recommend is you go over the number of positive remarks and negative ones about the seller. If the positive ones outnumber the negative ones with a great margin then there is nothing to worry about, you can go ahead and patronize him but if it's the other way round, I suggest that you look to another seller.

19. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    Most positive reviews on websites are paid for by sellers especially on ebay and amazon.However,these sellers also compete among themselves and it is no surprise when one give another a very negative review in order to put the competition out of business.It is a really nasty war that goes on and as a customer it is difficult to believe any reviews we see.I think you should just follow your gut feeling and hope for the best.I'm just kidding,I would compare the number of positive and negative reviews.the less ones probably aren't true.

20. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    It's really normal for a business or a company to have mixed reviews. Whether it is a good or a bad review, it's okay because we all have our own opinions or views. But if most of the reviews are really bad, then I think most of the time you too will also get a negative feedback or review.