Would You Buy If This Happens?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by lindbergh • Mar 28, 2016.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So, you need a ladder and you watch something like this on TV...

Would you still buy the product?

2. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    Ha! Probably won't buy one if I saw that. I love how how he just decided to blame the locks when he clearly locked it in the first place and that thing costs like $200 or something right? Just stack some tables and chairs together, it's probably as safe as that ladder anyway.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    LOL that guy is a total professional. He kept his cool even as he was falling. I don't think I would buy it after that though. It does look like a good product or at least the idea behind it sounds good so maybe if they come out with a proper explanation of why that happened and if it was cheap enough I'd still maybe consider it but mostly I don't think I would take the risk since when you're dealing with heights it's probably best to use only the safest tools.

4. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    No, I certainly wouldn't be buying anything if that happened, because I wouldn't be able to trust it as a product. I am all for buying cheap, but you have to still be sure that the product itself can do what it is supposed to do, and I wouldn't be able to be sure that this was the case here.

5. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I do not think I would be able to trust the item if this is what happened on TV. What would prevent it from happening to me if I bought it? I think in some cases you get what you pay for is so true. Sometimes, if you go the cheap route it is not worth the little bit of savings you get.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hahahaha. Perhaps he did not lock the locks adequately? I don't know. But even if that was the case, I still don't think that I would invest in the ladder, because at the point which he falls the product and the safety of the product has been called into question. The whole purpose of a sales pitch is to persuade me that I will be making a good choice y buying something. Him falling goes against that.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I cracked up as I was reading the comments in that video. Must....Keep...Selling... Lol. I certainly won't buy that kind of product, because you are now assured that it's not safe because the host fell. I love how they diverted the camera and suddenly showed some recorded footage instead of the fallen host on the ground.

8. Dilof

DilofMember

Threads:
    I'd probably buy it and then try recreate the catastrophic error in the video :p

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    If I was the product creator I would be livid. Chances are that the product nine times out of ten is perfectly safe to use, and it just so happened that the ladder gave out at the most important moment - the sales pitch. I know for a fact that the sales were not as good as they otherwise may have been.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, The fact that the product gave out despite the host locking it means that there really is something wrong with the quality of the product. Unless it's just an isolated case? Nevertheless, I am pretty sure that the sales of that ladder plummeted after that blunder was broadcasted. And at $200? That's one hell of an expensive ladder!

11. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I already have back and neck issues, so I for sure wouldn't buy something that could potentially harm me. I am short, so I have several step stools around the house. I have a few of the smaller wooden ones that are only good enough to get me to the bottom shelf of the cabinets, but I also have two metal ones, and I specifically looked for ones that were sturdy, high enough to get me up so I could change the outside light bulbs (except one my neighbor has to help me with on occasion, because a real ladder is needed), and I definitely wanted to make sure the steps were sturdy enough. I'm always wary of things that could cause potential injuries, and would steer clear of this type of item, even if it seemed the person hadn't used it properly.

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    Yes that could be one explanation. But for all we know they did not lock it properly, and now everybody has this idea that the product is not safe in general. We have no way to know the truth, but most people will subscribe to the idea that the product is not safe and will not buy it. I would be pissed if I was the company behind it.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, But come to think of it, the host was ensuring that the ladder was locked already, then he proceeded to climb that thing, and when it slightly split apart, he still kept going, which was odd, so he fell. The damage has already been done, lol. No wonder there isn't a similar product that's being sold today, it must be really flimsy!

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    I know what you are saying, but there is no sure way for us to know that the host locked it properly, even if he appeared to be ensuring that it was locked. We should do a google of the ladder company and see if they are still in business or not lol. On the other hand, it could be a really flimsy product and not worth the material that it is made from.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Yeah I think I should watch that video again and research the company if it's still active today. Maybe he really did not lock it properly, so the blame goes to him because of the poor sales. Lemme google the hosts too to see how they look now, lol.

16. DreekLass

Threads:
    I know that if I had been the person who owned the company, and the person in the video had failed to lock it properly, I think I may have to take legal action and sue them for the damage that they did to the potential sales of my product lol. Because even knowing that it could possibly the guy in the video's fault, I still would not buy the product lol.

17. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No I wouldn't buy the ladder. It's amazing that it was posted at all. Good to know that the ladder didn't work before you buy it. It's so funny though!

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lol, But maybe the jury would decide that the product is defective in the first place because it gave up on the host, lol. The host can also sue for the "damages" that the ladder gave to him, lol. He is such an idiot, he kept going even when the ladder was partly split already!

19. DreekLass

Threads:
    Hahahaha. See? These possible complications are the reason why I don't own a company that sells products lol. Anything can happen. I suppose that would be a great counter suit - claiming that the product was defective, but then he would have to prove that it was our products.

20. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh dear, not a very good selling point now is it LOL?! I mean, kudos to the guy because he didn't sound very embarrassed and carried on to the bitter end, taking the blame for the collapsing ladders on him not locking it them in place. His co-presenter just couldn't help bursting out laughing, it was that funny.

But for me personally, that's as good as it gets. I wouldn't spend a penny on those ladders. I mean, as it is, I hate those TV shopping channels because the products tend to be of very inferior quality IMHO. I'd much rather walk into a store, touch and see the product, speak to someone face to face if I have questions, before committing to a purchase.