Would You Buy If This Happens?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by lindbergh • Mar 28, 2016.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Well, if it has the brand's logo and in the host's case, he was promoting it, so the fact that it's their product is undeniable. Suing someone can be expensive and a hassle, so most laymen would just let it go, I think.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well if I ever ended up in that position, I don't think I would have the expenses to sue the sales man in the video, because the sales for my product would have tanked lol. The video plays on every consumers biggest fear when it comes to purchasing a product - that it will appear to be in good working order, then you spend your money, and it is somehow defective.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Haha, lol Since there is no similar product being peddled nowadays, then I guess that video is to blame, lol. Maybe the company has stopped making it and no other company wanted to imitate it because of it's flaws in production.

4. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    Teleshoping ads always seemed shady and suspicious for me, with 2 people trying to convince you how great a product is and showing you all the different angles of it just so you would buy it, and no matter when you see the ad, you'll always get 2 or 3 products for the price of one "only this time". After something like this would happen, I probably wouldn't even think about the product anymore, as its unsafety just been tested, I can't see however how they let such mistakes in the spots, how they still permit them to leak out when it is clearly damaging for the image of the product.

5. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Depending on the angle you look at it, this can be a good sales pitch tongue in cheek. You can turn around the situation by coopting the fallen client in the first place. It also follows that being forthright in such situations on the part of the concerned company is a good step in confidence building.

6. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well, this kind of does make me curious about what the sales ended up being for this? I guess that is why you do take after take until you get it right, but of course if it is live anything can happen. I am betting that this is not the first or only time something like this has happened either, so I might be fishing for videos here in a bit.

7. alvinsalls

alvinsallsNew Member

Threads:
    I'd buy two of them immediately. :)

8. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't want to buy a product that causes accident even if the fault clearly lies on the users. As a user, I my also commit the same mistake and I could be in the same situation.

9. Aleece13

Aleece13New Member

Threads:
    That was the greatest thing I think I've seen! :D What a salesman, he wasn't swayed from trying to sell the product even when it took him to the floor! I totally would not buy an item that the sales people couldn't work. If they can't get it to "lock in place" correctly how am I going to do any better... o_O:p

10. Peachdejour

PeachdejourMember

Threads:
    Oh no! LOL No not going to buy that one. My family takes enough risks on ladders. I don't need a faulty one in the house. Poor guy was like "Okay, I'm going to make this work, I need this gig."

11. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    It's a no no for me to buy such a ladder that couldn't carry that weight of a man which looks average or light. I will better go for a firm ladder that can carry a large amount of weights. This an instrument I'll need for height and wouldn't be using a ladder I can't trust.

12. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely not, I wouldn't waist my money on something that could be unsafe. In that case I would rather use objects around my house to reach, such as like a chair. This is a funny video though but I'm sorry for the guy, but this comes to show that not every product is trust worthy.