Would You Buy...

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Diane Lane • May 1, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Would you buy an item at a garage sale that needed another part so it would work or be easier to use? I'm curious because one of the items at the garage sale I'm running (with friends) needs a remote, and another is missing a small part to be functional. Both would be good as new once those parts were obtained, but would you put forth the extra effort to get the needed parts, if the items at the garage sale were very inexpensive??

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's possible. I mean there are times where I bought something at Goodwill that was missing a part because I had the part at home or was trying to replace a damaged item. Like, once I bought a coffee maker at Goodwill that was missing the carafe because I had a non working coffee maker at home with the same size carafe, so I just switched out the pot at home.

3. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    I would. In fact, once I bought a rechargeable vacuum without a cord. It was a pricier one that I had wanted for awhile. I just went online and ordered the cord for it. I ended up getting a real bargain.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've done both of those, as well. We had 2 items at the garage sale with missing parts, but they didn't sell. I think my friend ended up donating the one item, but the other will go back in the pile for our next sale. My friend who owns that will go online and research how much the part is, and might just buy it and fix it up if it's not too costly, then try selling it again, for a little more money. It seems some people don't want to be bothered waiting to obtain the parts, and others are fine, so i guess it's just personal preference.