Would You Complain If You Got Bad Customer Service?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Sam Tarly • Jul 10, 2014.

1. Aquila

AquilaBanned

Threads:
    I guess that is quite much necessary because for a fact this thing have an impact in overall image of the company and because that does matter a lot we gotta do that so that they can improve in a good way and let us have the right outcome which we need,So yeah that is why its a way for letting the company improve and get better at things.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Complaining about one specific employee doesn't usually do a lot of good, specially from big companies. It's just one in many varied complaints. My aunt says she is tired of complaining to a big chain of supermarkets about their poor customer service in stores and never anything was done or a call was made. I will usually complain only if it's regarding a purchase or a serious problem, and I will usually do it in two steps: email and social media. Big stores will usually have a separate department only to deal with social media complaints and they tend to give those priority.

3. devilishomar

devilishomarMember

Threads:
    If you mean complain to the customer, definitely no. If you mean complain to the company, then I would. Complaining to the customer isn't going to solve anything. It's going to give the business/company a bad name and rep, which will ultimately be it's downfall.

I think it's really important for you to complain to the company, because you're having the voice of the customers heard by what you experienced talking with them. It urges them to fix the problem at hand as soon as possible.

4. AugustGreig

AugustGreigMember

Threads:
    I am always extremely patient with employees who have to deal with the public. I have worked in a lot of restaurants, and I know how difficult customers can be. However, if someone is deliberately rude and unhelpful to me, I won't hesitate to complain to management. If the person is busy or new, I can recognize and understand that. But if someone is just outright rude, that's uncalled for.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually, I do not complain unless I feel it is a serious issue of some kind. If the employee is rude for no reason, then I am likely to let the headquarters know. We went to a Captain D's fishfood house one evening about an hour or two before closing, and they had already cleared away all of the condiments, and grumbled when we asked for tarter sauce and ketchup. The whole attitude of the wait staff was poor, and they acted like we had come in after closing and not quite a while before, like we did.
    We have always gone there and had good service and delicious food, so I do not know what the issue was that night, but they were sure in a hurry to close up and go home ! !

6. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    It depends. I am not a whiny person on any account but sometimes something just has to be said. I don't like causing trouble or anything but some situations call for it. Besides, sometimes you get an even better deal or service when dealing with good stores. If you complain in good corporate restaurants they will comp your food or give you a nice discount. I've worked in several like that?

7. lilygracer

lilygracerNew Member

Threads:
    I have found that I'm not comfortable complaining about bad service in person. I have found it affects the service after I have made the complaint. And I'm afraid of retaliation. But, I find that most businesses now offer customers to complete surveys on their customer experience. I would prefer to provide my feedback in that way, as I feel it is more neutral. And I can be completely honest about my experience. I have received surveys from my cellphone provider, my hair salon and also when I have taken my car into the dealership. I feel that this process puts the ball back into the consumers court.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think companies really listen to surveys. Even if they did, you'd have to have a lot of people agreeing with you.

9. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I don't complain, I'd rather just move on and go about my day. If the customer service is so terrible I just don't go back to the store and I figure if enough people do that they'll get the hint. I can take a lot and don't expect much from my shopping experiences--no matter how expensive the store--I figure the people are there to help me find things and help me buy them, I don't expect any type of special attention or for them to be my best friend or fawn all over me.

10. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    There has been times that I have received horrible customer service with the cell phone company that I am with. I contacted them because my phone data slowed down and I know that I have not gone over my limit. They provide a number to text in order so see how much data has been used. When I contacted customer service they informed me that I have gone over. I tried to explain that the message states that I haven't. The call rep completely ignored me and hung up on me. Then I contacted the main office and complained about the customer service that I received from one of their representatives. The man I talked to fixed the problem without asking any questions.