Would you consider growing your own vegetables to cut down on grocery bills?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Dora M • Mar 9, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been wanting to get into it for a very long time now but unfortunately I don't have any outdoor space to do it and electricity costs a lot here so planting indoors and using artificial lighting is out of the question. I initially wanted to plant lettuce and carrots but now I'm thinking I could just settle on herbs and maybe some small tomatoes. Hopefully I can find a more efficient way to plant indoors someday so I could finally cut down on my grocery bill.

2. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I actually just mentioned this to my husband the other day however he thinks there is to much work involved to grow fruits and vegetables properly. I have never done this myself so I wouldn't know how to maintain my garden properly so that the food doesn't go bad but I'm seriously considering trying it out.

3. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I think it's a great idea, but it's just not for me. I honestly don't like gardening and all that it entails. I used to do yardwork all the time as a kid, and as a result of that I want nothing to do with taking care of plants anymore.