Would you eat beef or dairy from cows that eat junk food?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by andrew320 • Sep 29, 2012.

1. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I was doing a report this morning about how cows are starting to be fed junk food, such as gummy worms, ice cream, French fries, Oreos, etc. The farmers are starting to do this because corn prices are soaring and the recent drought ravaged corn crops. It's only five percent, but I can see it eventually go to a quarter.

Would you eat beef or dairy if the cow's diet consists of this?

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I don't eat a lot of beef these days, as too much triggers my RA, although I do eat a lot of dairy. No, I couldn't eat it if the animal's diet consisted of a lot of junk food. I don't eat junk food myself if I can help it, so I don't want it second hand, thank you very much. What with routine use of hormones and antibiotics, and now this, I can see the day coming when I go vegetarian. I'd never have predicted that.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have basically given up beef. But if I did, I certainly wouldn't eat beef or drink milk from cows that have been feed junk food. On another note, that type of food isn't meant for cows. I wouldn't be surprised if the cows got sick from eating that junk.

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    How the heck are oreos cheaper than corn? That is disturbing in and of itself.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I guess I would? I don't LIKE the idea at all, but I'm betting that I've already been eating beef and pork that has previously been fed complete junk like that. I hope the corn prices fall again so maybe this can stop. :S