Would You Eat Raw Meat

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Denis Hard • Aug 20, 2014.

1. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Fish is also the only meat that I've eaten raw but not only in Sushi form. The first time I ate an actual raw fish was when my friend brought home fresh tuna meat from their province. She cut the tuna into small cubes seasoned it with vinegar, salt and some peppers then challenged us friends to eat it. To my surprised, it was really good. :D

2. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't eat raw meat, but only because it doesn't really look appetizing, not because it might not be healthy.
    I've had carpaccio ordered to my table, but I couldn't eat it, it's basically raw meat that's pounded very thin, but as soon as you raise it up to eat it the smell of raw meat hits your nose and I put it right back down, it's not for me.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    No, I do not think I could unless I was starving. Although I know in some Mediterranean and French restaurants this is considered a delicacy. My friend just traveled to France and she ordered, 'Steak Tartare'. This can be served lightly seared but still - it is mostly raw and often served with a raw egg and capers. There is an Armenian version that is made into a pate with crackers and then eaten as an appetizer. If it had enough spices (which the Armenian version is said to have quite a few), I could see how this might be palatable to some. But I'm still not convinced I could do it. One restaurant quotes the price at 32.00!!! I just don't think its right to have to pay that kind of price for something they didn't even have to turn the burner on for.