Would you ever buy used clothing?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by dieselfit • Nov 20, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on the quality of the clothes you're buying. Most second hand clothes are almost new because the owners get rid of them for some reason. It could be the clothes are not the right size, remind them of someone dear but deceased and so on. . .

If the clothes look new, well, I'd buy them.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I would, but not often. A lot of brand new clothes are available already for a very cheap price nowadays, so I'd usually just opt to buy cheap new clothes than used ones even if they are branded.

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    It depends really. If they look still nice and cool, then I say why not.

4. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    As long as I am doing pretty well financially, I will never buy any used clothing. I'd much rather buy something cheap and new than something that is used but that is just me.

5. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Isn't all clothes used? I mean people try it on and sometimes return it if it doesn't suit them.

6. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I would purchase used clothing at a reputable thrift or consignment shop. The signs either is a decent place to patronage depends on their staff, cleanliness and products. The staff must be professional. The place must be clean and organized. Turnover on products must be high.

My best purchase of a used item was a white sweater. I wore that item until it finally fell apart.

7. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought second hand clothes before and they are not bad at all. These days though clothing is really cheap and so i dont really go for second hand stuff anymore as i can afford to get something nice and new for myself which i think is pretty cool.

8. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    There is a "shopping centre" here in the Philippines known as the ukay-ukay. It is basically used clothes retailed at lower prices. Prices can go as low as 1 dollar or less! Style wise, there are great finds, but you have to dig deep down to find one. I've been to ukay-ukay several times but not once did I bring home an item. For one, I hate the smell of the clothes.

9. starla101

starla101New Member

Threads:
    I love buying used clothing. I live right next door to a Goodwill and go in there often to find clothes or books. In the 5 years that I've been thrifting, I've found some quality clothes. There are always really nice, unique blazers that make your outfits stand out from others. I ALWAYS receive compliments on my used clothing finds.

10. radishes

radishesMember

Threads:
    I like buying used clothes! There are a lot of good deals. The only complaint I have is that it takes a lot of time choosing and deciding. I like buying from thrift stores, I've never bought any online.

11. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    No i never buy a used clothes. i do not like to wear the clothes which some one has already wear.

12. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    Unless I don't know I never personally buy used clothes. I don't see the point of buying a used cloth for cheaper amount and use it for a shorter time while I can purchase a high quality clothe for a relatively higher amount and use it for longer time. However there are some cases when I prefer buying used clothes. Especially when doing it online I never go for used clothes personally.

13. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I would buy used clothes, no problem. If they looked good, why not? They would be cheaper for sure, who knows if it was a gift used just for a couple of times and it's half price for example. Used stuff (clothes or not) usually are great bargains. ;)

14. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    I guess, having the right eyes in looking for quality used clothing is the key in here. Who would want to wear something that has been worn so many times by other people (unless those other people are your relatives)? I'm pretty sure that there are places where you can find quality used clothes but like most people say; they really are hard to find. This reminds me of Macklemore's Thrift Shop.

15. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would be all right buying used clothing but I don't think I'd dare to buy one online. It would make me feel skeptical. What if I fail to see hidden, irreparable defects? That's really my biggest fear. If I can touch the clothes and check whether or not they're in fine condition, then I won't hesitate to make a purchase.

16. DejiK

DejiKMember

Threads:
    Its almost beyond normal for us in London used clothes, the question almost seems absurd! I've done it many times, primarily as a way to acquire high quality, one off items. I was bought a pair of Loakes, market value £700 for £22.50. They were hardly worn, somehow my perfect size.......somehow I cherish them more than I would if I'd spent all that money on them.

17. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    To be honest, I don't mind at all. I always see used clothing on the clearance racks at some stores for extremely low prices. One time I bought a heavy coat that has probably been worn once for 10$. I still use that coat today.

Also, I buy used shoes. These shoes include Jordans and Nike's that may have gone out of stock in stores. This is common for the sneaker community, and used shoes could still go for 300$+. Never be afraid to buying used clothing.

18. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    o_O ... I mean, it's not like people are coming to the

at the end of a marathon & changing right out of the clothes they donate, and--even if they were--it's not like Goodwill just takes the clothes & hangs `em up to sell without even freshening them (if not cleaning, then at least

)!

My mom had six siblings (all older except for one), so most of my clothes growing up were hand-me-downs from cousins. Heck; my younger brother & -sister had to use the same cloth-diapers I had when I was an infant!

19. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy from charity shops all the time. Think about it - which clothes do we donate to goodwill? The ones we haven't worn! I never buy anything that has obvious signs of wear but the majority of the clothes in the secondhand stores are in great condition.

20. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    My mom found a J.Jill jacket a few months ago--fairly-good condition--for something-like $3!