Would you ever buy used clothing?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by dieselfit • Nov 20, 2013.

1. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to buy used clothing, but it's pretty much impossible to find second hand clothing in plus sizes. I do know of friends who have gotten things like jeans, jackets, dresses and shirts at thrift stores. :)

2. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    It doesn't really bother me if the clothes are used as long as they are in perfect condition and are greatly cheaper than the original price. Usually when I buy surplus clothes I wash them thoroughly and also use some bleach because I am a little bit concerned of who wore them in the past. I also choose a decent online shop or surplus store to buy from so that I could just be on the safe side.

3. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Over the years I've been happy to buy used clothes. It does really depend on the quality of the clothes, and obviously some clothes are more wearable than others. I don't have anything against this approach.

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, but only if their price is far way cheaper than they look. For example if the clothes look almost new with no noticeable damage with a tag that's really cheap, then right away I'd go grab that item and even more if there are more.

5. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    I buy used clothing all the time from charity shops, it's a great way to get some nice clothes and help a charity raise some money, so everybody wins. I was them as soon as I get home because even though I know they wash them, it just makes me feel better. The charity shops over here don;t sell clothes that are in bad condition and you can even get a lot of designer things at a bargain price.

6. kwoodard902

kwoodard902New Member

Threads:
    Yes, I would buy used clothing, depending on the condition of the item. For me it's not about the price of my clothing, it's about getting the best deal I can possibly find. If I can go to a gently used thrift shop and get five outfits for the price of one at the mall...why not? Besides how many times a day do you look at someone and say, "I bet he/she got that outfit at a used clothing store."? I bet never.

7. CyberGal

CyberGalMember

Threads:
    There's a Goodwill store a short drive away from me that's located in a somewhat affluent part of the city. I love going there, especially to buy kids' clothing. My daughter came home with a Tommy Hilfiger short sleeved hoody with a pair of shorts, both in a "silk" material for only $10. Not a thing wrong with it. Of course, I washed it before she wore it but still. I think there are deals to be had there if you look close enough.

8. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    I love thrift shopping for work attire. I have a number of good quality Express business dress pants I bought at my local Savers. I didn't pay more than $10 for any of them and they fit me so well. I have found a couple of great pairs of jeans thrifting as well. My rule when thrift shopping is to always wash before wearing. No shame in my game.

9. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I've found a lot of one of a kind pieces at thrift stores. To me, being able to wear something unique is worth the idea of someone else wearing it before. My friend gave me a blouse that had belonged to his ex-wife who had passed away. At first I felt strange wearing it, but I really like the blouse and I have a feeling that she would be happy knowing that someone else is getting use from it.

10. joycemcgregor

joycemcgregorMember

Threads:
    Due to my very limited income, I buy most of my clothing at thrift stores. I find a lot of very nice things in them, things I would not have been able to afford even in the days when I had more money. When I purchase items and bring them home, I always give them a good washing before I wear the items. The only thing I do not buy at thrift stores is undergarments. I have even bought shoes at thrift stores. I simply give the insides a good sparying with Lysol spray before I wear them.

11. selina

selinaMember

Threads:
    yeah I never mind with used clothes if they are in good condition. Sometimes I prefer to buy used clothes instead of new one because I only believe in quality.

12. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely! Almost all of my clothes were used when I bought them. Other than socks, bras, and underwear I like to shop for clothes at thrift stores. You can find some very nice clothes for very cheap that way.