Would you ever consider grocery shopping online?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by brandon0818x • Jun 8, 2014.

1. slerie78

slerie78New Member

Threads:
    Yes. Since local online grocery were opened in our place, I patronized immediately, and was satisfied with it. It saves time for me specially for those busy days where going to supermarket to buy food and necessities would be a burden, online grocery shopping was the answer. I love how they screened the quality of their products and was satisfied with how fast the delivery arrived at my doorstep.

2. slerie78

slerie78New Member

Threads:
    You can also check at the company's reputation. If it is credible enough, it might save you time and effort. ;)

3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I personally don’t grocery shop online, but I know a lot of people who do. They mostly do it because they get home from work very late at night.

I go grocery shopping on the weekends because that is when I have the time. I also like to go to the store to see what sales are going on and to use coupons. I don’t know how easy it is to shop prices online.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would consider it if it was free and if it was for food that are not perishable, but since I come from a third world country, currently this is not a feasible option and it would probably be like this for quite some time.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that online grocery is now much improved but I still prefer the personal shopping of grocery items. For one, I hate to receive a delivery with the wrong item, two, the wrong volume of the product gives me a headache. Like the small soda bottles I ordered and the one delivered are the big bottles. Even the customer relation in the grocery admits that it is difficult to maintain the specific orders because they are always in a hurry.

6. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    If it would be cheaper, yes.
    But I prefer to have my groceries right when I pay them.
    I do have friends who always order their groceries online but they have the money to do it.

7. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    Grocery online shopping is great if you live close to the warehouse of the store you are buying from. If not, the price you pay for items will be more expensive because of the delivery fees. With that said, I wouldn’t recommend grocery online shopping unless you have no other choice.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most retailers in the West have gone this way and offer this service. I used to really appreciate it when we lived in the UK because there were days when I simply didn't want to leave the house. I'd look out the window and the heavy downpours and gale force winds would put me off going grocery shopping. So I used to do a lot of online grocery shopping and was really happy with it.

It's a shame that that service has yet to trickle through to Botswana, where I now live :( Luckily, the weather is almost always hot and dry.

9. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    I haven't tried it yet, but I guess it is just a matter of time. There are many trusted shops so I don't see why not. That doesn't mean I would stop shopping the traditional way, but every now and then I would do it.

10. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Never tried it before. But the helicopter thing sounds quite enthralling, would like to know more about it. It is the amazon drone delivery service perhaps?.
    Anyway, as long as the shipping cost justifies the expense, I am all in for shopping online grocery related goods.

11. alvinsalls

alvinsallsNew Member

Threads:
    Grocery shopping online is just fine.
    I do it already!

12. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried but i would if the need arises. I personally do grocery shopping because i love doing it, it's kind of therapeutic to me. I live alone so i don't shop for too much anyway.