Would You Forgo Tipping Just To Save Money?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by sidney • Oct 2, 2015.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just had to respond to this one point "good already" (I could be reading you wrong as well). I don't know about the US, but we tend to have the same social crap,so I'll comment anyway.. here, the waitstaff are well aware their tips rely on how nice and competent they are lol. It varies, obviously. But we don't tip first and if you didn't do your job well enough, we don't tip (which is subjective.. if I still ate out I'd tip regardless, you deal with terrible people all day lol. I'd go for the food, not a butler). I have heard of tips being included into the cost of the meals, but I have yet to see or hear about that anywhere near me and I've lived in 3 cities here. Usually your tip reflects your service.. so my experience is waiters/waitresses are SUPER friendly and totally ruin my experience by pretending they want to be my bestie LOL.. again.. I feel for them. It makes me very uncomfortable.. like a bunch of circus animals doing tricks for treats and I'm standing there with a tip in one hand and a bullhook in the other. Pay your flippin' employees so I can relax! So it's not just the pressure from other customers or your dinner companions.. it's knowing what they're doing their "tricks" for and if I don't leave a tip, I'm inhumane lol.

and lmao @ your comment about government.. that's why I dig ya :p

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Ah yes, I clearly know what you're talkiing about. I think they are not really pure human, you know? Even the Royal Family, they don't seem to be human, hehe!

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well that is the theory. There are many theories and folklore from around the world that suggest this, and that may sound like nothing. But back in the day when these countries had no way of communicating with one another, how is it possible that ll of their stories would be the same, unless 'it' actually happened?? I always recoil when I see those that worship the royal family. They have so far to go in acquiring knowledge.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Haha.. I got everyone all mixed up in this thread. Why aren't we allowed to edit around here?
    Carry on..

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Yes that's right, and those rumors won't persist if there's no truth in it, right? The "all seeing eye" is quite prevalent with it's "hidden" symbolism anyway, it's hard not to believe. I do believe in hybrids and aliens, so it's very possible that they aren't human.

6. DreekLass

Threads:
    It is so not hidden. But I suppose for those who don't have eyes to see, it goes right over their heads. But once you are aware of it, you'll notice it almost everywhere, as well as the pyramid that they love to constantly put out there, especially on stage at concerts when their musical puppets are performing.

Hahaha, JosieP. After ten minutes you can't edit your posts. It is either ten minutes or twenty, I think lol.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Yes, I actually don't know anyone who has been very huge and successful who isn't affiliated with the Illumatti. Did you know that I read a webpage that says Satan himself appears during their "meetings" disguised as a handsome man who can shapeshift. I wonder if there really is now direct contact with the reptilians, lol.

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    LOL. I don't think that Satan exists. I think that just as there are good human beings and disconnected human beings, there are good other worldly entities, and less than benign ones. I think that the 'bad' entities are doing the manipulating, and people just attraibute all of their work to the man made creation that is Satan.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, I see, as for me I don't know which part to believe, but I think those good and evil entities need to have a "leader" of sorts, right? I believe in archangels too.

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    I think that balance exists on every level. So for as deep as down goes, that is as high as up goes too, if that makes any sense. So if archangels exist, I believe entities that are just as dark as angels are good exist too. People call them demons, but I prefer not to use that word.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, I see, so you just classify them as good or bad spirits or entities, am I right? If you do some astral travel you will encounter lots of those malevolent entities, just like the ones in Insidious, and that's pretty scary!

12. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    I always consider the service before I tip but, yes, I always tip. I usually tip quite well because I know that customer service in any field is not an easy job. I have been out with men that don't seem to understand that the server doesn't prepare the food or control the seating arrangements and they shouldn't be shorted in tips because of the less that savory food or loud patrons around us. It reflects bad on them. It helps to remember that in the United States servers who receive tips usually receive less that minimum wage and tips are considered the upside to a pretty stressful low wage job.

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    Yes. because the word demon has too many connotations to it that incite fear, in my opinion. Fear definitely has its uses, but when it is dwelled upon or gets out of balance/control, it can be very harmful and it will take away your personal power, which is exactly what some of these negative entities are banking on, so that they can take over. As far as Astral travel goes, it is a faster vibrating realm, and therefore, if you think something it will manifest much more quickly or instantly. So it is important to learn how to focus before you partake in astral travel, but if there is anything that you need to work on as it pertains to your personality, you may encounter an entity that represents that 'ugly' quality within you. At the end of the day, everything that you encounter is a mirror reflection of a vibration that is persistent within.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't believe in stiffing waiters because I used to work in food service. I think it's wrong to have someone wait on you hand and foot and then not tip them. I believe that if you don't want to tip for service then you should go eat fast food.

Skipping the tip doesn't encourage the restaurant owner to pay better, it just cheats the hardworking waitress who took back your food to the kitchen twice when you complained about it and kept refilling your drink.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So you are only required to tip in restos and diners? Well if that's the case then fair enough, I didn't know that people had a choice where you can forgo tipping.

16. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too believe it's only fair to leave a tip for good service rendered. I know that wait staff are paid terrible rates. Sometimes they don't even have a basic wage and depend entirely on what they make in tips. I've been there, done it, bought the T-shirt, so to speak. Some restaurant owners are even so greedy, they'll cheat them out of their tip. So where I feel I've received great service, I reciprocate it with a good tip. It works both ways too, because I know next time I visit the establishment, I'll be well looked after.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Isn't it crazy how the hardest working of us all are paid the least? The hierarchy is a backwards, heartless thing...

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't think that I will ever be able to get on board with this perspective when it comes to tipping. It just doesn't make any sense to me. The jobs should pay people in this service enough. And you should always get good service, and by good service, I don't mean that waiters should lick your ass - but that they should deliver your food and be a decent human being. That's it. People seem to be of the opinion that if you get good service then that is worth a tip. I think it should be a given?

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is so true, just look at all those politicians! The menial jobs just badly need a salary improvement!

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    I will always moan about sportsmen getting paid a hell of a lot more than those who work in jobs that we absolutely could not be without - like nursing, and things like that. It baffles me how someone could get paid millions to kick around some boring ball.