Would You Give Plastic Flowers As A Gift?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by cocolgooh • Mar 9, 2016.

1. kokimboka

kokimbokaMember

Threads:
    I actually second you. It depends on the occasion. If my husband gave me plastic flowers during valentines day, I wouldn't take it so well. But if it is for housewarming or just an off occasion, I would't mind plastic flowers.

2. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think any situation will warrant me to give plastic flowers as a gift. The fact is I look at it as not that a respectable gift. It's preferable to give fresh flowers as not everyone may like the idea of a plastic flower. I will go the way to get a fresh flower if I must give flower as a gift. It's okay if the person couldn't handle a fresh flower properly than to be given a plastic flower he may not cherish.

3. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    A manufactured bundle, albeit possibly exceptionally wonderful, can infer a ton of concealed implications that you might not have considered. To you, your keen blessing may just speak to your affection and love, yet your unique somebody may understand things from with a better point of view.

The vast majority realize that a simulated bundle is by and large far less costly than a crisp one. In the event that this is your decision for a blessing, your proposed beneficiary may scrutinize the truthfulness or profundity of your emotions. You may have had totally down to earth and even charitable thought processes in needing to give a fake blessing, yet to your loved one, a simulated bundle can basically infer shoddy.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have given and received fake flowers as gifts and I have always appreciated them and I know the people I have gifted them too also enjoy them. I don't really see the problem with them it's the thought that counts and besides they last forever.

5. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I actually wouldn't like to be given real flowers. That's like giving someone a responsibility to have to water the flower then do who knows what for it. I would prefer plastic flowers because they can look as nice, they don't require care, and they last longer. Let's not forget to mention that some flowers attract bugs and that isn't good. Plastic flowers for me are fine.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I can only gift plastic flowers to very close family members or kids.

I do not think others might take it positively without having an issue about it in their minds!

7. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    There are some quite realistic looking plastic flowers which can make some very interesting displays. I wouldn't normally give plastic flowers as a gift, but if that person already liked plastic flowers then I wouldn't hesitate to give them.

I prefer real flowers and plants myself, but sometimes plants can be difficult to care for and fresh cut flowers don't last very long. Plastic flowers will last forever and plastic plants look equally as good as their real alternatives.

8. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I would never give plastic flowers because I rarely give flowers to my girlfriend, so when I do, I want them to be real ones. I suppose I should give flowers more often, but normally I would show affection by taking her out to dinner. Well, I do know that plastic flowers would be much cheaper, but I think quality matters because you're wanting to impress the lady. This fact is especially true if, as I have mentioned, flower giving is a rare occasion.

Does anyone grow their own flowers to give to their romantic partner or maybe to mourn someone at a funeral? I live in the countryside so growing things is quite common with some people, but I'm sure flowers can be easily grown by people in the city. Flowers can often be grown indoors.

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think plastic flowers are not yet in trend in my area although one of my juniors brought an expensive plastic flowers' bouquet last year which lasted for almost 8-9 months before it felt dusty. My wife wanted to wash it and keep it for some more time but I thought it had lived its days so disposed it. However, I am not comfortable with plastic flowers despite of their shelf life or beautiful arrangement.

10. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    For special person like my best friend or my wife, I would prefer to her a real flower or even a fresh cut flower with a dedication card. That would be more meaningful than a plastic flower. Anyway, plastic kind of flowers would also do if they are giving away as a token. We usually are doing that in friendly gathering, socialization, among others.

11. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I really do not have anything against it, and I would think that there is something to be said about the ease that comes with it. I know that sometimes people do not even know what to do with real ones.

12. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have never given plastic flowers as gifts. However, I buy plastic flowers sometimes and use plastic flowers as decoration paraphernalia. Plastic flower lasts long even though they are expensive. Real flowers may cost you less, but the smell of real flower can alter thee mood of the receiver.