Would you hire a Service to help cook/clean for the Holidays?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Zyni • Nov 1, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Someone I know owns a cleaning service (in another state). She often gets requests to clean homes and offices before and after holiday parties. She has even been asked to serve at parties, to help keep things smooth and tidy. These are usually catered events but not always.

Have you ever, or would you ever, hire a service like this to help out with holiday parties, dinners, or events?

#1Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I would not, but I would love to be hired to clean up after a party. I have years of housekeeping experience, so I know how to do that kind of thing quickly and efficiently. I think it's a great way for an office to be able to have a great party, get everything taken care of and back in order quickly and also helping someone else get a little extra money they really need by hiring them.

3. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I would not. We don't have the extra room in our budget for it, for one thing, but even if we did I just don't like the idea of others cleaning up or cooking for us in our home. I'd rather take care of our own mess, it's not THAT much work overall, and my husband and I both love cooking and I wouldn't want to delegate that to someone else.

4. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I've never hired anyone to help me out in my home, but I have been hired by friends to help them clean up their houses for them. I would hire someone if I was going to have a huge party and needed a lot of household help. I don't throw those types of large parties, or have huge get-togethers, so I don't need to hire a cleaning or cooking service, but if I needed to, yes, I'd hire someone.

5. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    We often hire someone to help cook and wash dishes during our Christmas celebration. We have a yearly reunion, so a lot of food should be cooked, and a lot of plates should be cleaned. It's a practical thing to do because it's only for one time.

6. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    If I could afford it, YES!

I had someone clean my house when it was on the market. It would have been easier for me to learn a foreign language that to keep it clean with two toddlers. (Well a toddler and a preschooler) It was necessary or there is no way we would have sold our house.

7. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Just this weekend we had a commemorative dinner with 60+ people attending. The amount of food needed was too big for just us to handle, not to mention that cooking in huge batches is different from cooking in smaller ones - so we hired a cook. We helped with the cutting of vegetables/meat to speed up the process but in the end it was money well spent. Everything went smooth and the food was great. So yeah, I would hire service to help if the task at hand is too big to handle alone.