Would You Lease Tech Equipment?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Denis Hard • Aug 21, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A small business that's starting out may not have the cash to buy the tech equipment they need. If they were testing the waters first to see if the venture was worthwhile this also lessens the risk of buying computers, copiers, printers and so on, which they'll try to sell off as used if the business doesn't make any money.

The disadvantage of leasing is that ultimately in the long run, it's more expensive than buying what you need. But it accords the leaser the convenience of getting only the latest, fastest tech equipment on the market.

If you had [or have] a small business which required new computers, printers, etc would you rather try to raise the money to get them or would you lease the equipment you need?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most of the owners of the internet cafe shops that I used to go to when my pc was malfunctioning own their own shop, so I guess for them it would be more economical and practical to just save and buy the equipment that they need. Leasing is only an option if you really are strapped for cash.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, it always makes more sense to just buy the equipment outright, even if you have to get something that's a little older or slightly outdated. You almost never need the latest and greatest processors and whatnot in your computer to run a business. There are plenty of cheap and affordable machines on the market that can be purchased in bulk and will get the job done.