Would You Let Someone Smoke In You Car?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Carlalexander • Aug 30, 2013.

1. nhsososo4

nhsososo4Member

Threads:
    No I would not, I personally do not smoke thus I would not appreciate it if someone did. A car is a reflection of the owner and the fact that you have given that person a lift, it means that you would give others as well, thus now if people come in to my car with that smell on, it would not be a good impression. Also certain things even if you put perfume or a spray on them, there is always that funny smell.

Lastly its a health hazard and if someone is planning on burning their lungs out, they can feel free to do so but not in my car.

2. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    No I wouldn't let anyone smoke in my car either. I have asthma, and also I don''t like second hand smoke at all. I go to a lot of effort to keep my car clean, tidy and smelling fresh, as well as keeping it in good working order in general. Nobody should be able to come into your car and upset how you keep the state of it. It is your car and you are the driver, therefore you make the rules. I'll have my car smelling fresh like the day I bought it thank you. Plus other people you might be giving a ride to probably won't appreciate the smell of second hand smoke either.

3. Cara18

Cara18Member

Threads:
    No, I wouldn't let anyone smoke in my car. After all it is MY car so it would be up to me. Not to mention second hand smoke is dangerous and I hate the smell. It would be a big distraction if I were driving.

4. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    I detest smoking, so unless it's a very close friend or something, I explicitly tell them not to. Even then, I'd prefer if they just did it outside once we stop.

5. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    Congrats on quitting!!! I have never smoked but my mother has my whole life and I always have to tell her not to smoke in my car. She has actually snuck and smoked in my car while I was in a store which made me so mad because it's disrespectful. I feel like your friends need to understand that it's your car and that means your rules.

6. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't let someone smoke in my car, just like I don't in my house.
    Not only is it unhealthy, it's a terrible smell that stays in the car for a long time.
    If you want to do it in your own car or house, that's fine, but don't do it on mine!

7. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I surely wont let anyone smoke in my car. I have a lady that car pools with me and she loves to smoke, I strictly told her when she started riding with me that she could not smoke in my care. I dont smoke at all and I cant stand the smell. I think it out of respect that people dont do that to someone.